PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Early Spitfire factory hardtop, SW FL

dodgedartgt
03-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi all,

I have a factory metal hard-top for a 1st generation Spitfires (1962 - 1970 Mark I / II / III models), and would like to see it go to a good home. I've owned it for over 30yrs and it was the only Spit item I kept even when I was letting my Spit's and all spare parts go when taking a job transfer across country.

It is originally red, but currently half in primer. I never did finish primering it, planning to paint it BRG to match the car I intended to use it on. It has a white headliner and good glass. Though not perfect, it is not something you find everyday.

I yet hope to get another Spit someday, but right now I'd like to convert this into funds for parts for another project car I've owned for 35 yrs.

$400 firm, local pick-up preffered. If shipping is necessary, buyer is responsible for shipping and cost of crating. Pictures available via email. Send me an IM through this website with your email address and phone number, along with best time to call and I'll send you pictures.

Thnx in advance,
Mike in FL

BretD
04-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Hi all,

I have a factory metal hard-top for a 1st generation Spitfires (1962 - 1970 Mark I / II / III models), and would like to see it go to a good home. I've owned it for over 30yrs and it was the only Spit item I kept even when I was letting my Spit's and all spare parts go when taking a job transfer across country.

It is originally red, but currently half in primer. I never did finish primering it, planning to paint it BRG to match the car I intended to use it on. It has a white headliner and good glass. Though not perfect, it is not something you find everyday.

I yet hope to get another Spit someday, but right now I'd like to convert this into funds for parts for another project car I've owned for 35 yrs.

$400 firm, local pick-up preffered. If shipping is necessary, buyer is responsible for shipping and cost of crating. Pictures available via email. Send me an IM through this website with your email address and phone number, along with best time to call and I'll send you pictures.

Thnx in advance,
Mike in FL

Could you POST a Photo of the Top??

dodgedartgt
04-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Sorry Bret,

It was sold 4 days ago, and I forgot to note so in the thread. A fellow in FL on vaca from MI loaded it in his minivan.

BTW, I lived in McMinnville for 17 yrs. Worked for the airline.

Mike

BretD
04-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Sorry Bret,

It was sold 4 days ago, and I forgot to note so in the thread. A fellow in FL on vaca from MI loaded it in his minivan.

BTW, I lived in McMinnville for 17 yrs. Worked for the airline.

Mike

Mike, thanks... Have you seen the latest with the Evergreen Aviation Museum in Mc Minville, Spruce Goose, Water Park, Museum..

bug_sixty
04-07-2013, 04:17 PM
they have some of the rarest of rare one of kind survivers... quite extraordinary