PDA

View Full Version : For Sale $500 BT7 in DC area

Keith_M
03-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I just got this email from Inan Philips of Healey Surgeons. She said it was OK for me to post it here. I have no financial interest; just hate to see what might be a good project car get scrapped. Somebody needs to buy this car before I do (and end up divorced).

Keith

do you know anybody who might want to buy a BT7 that has been in a fire? We went to look at it yesterday and it' will take more work then Bruce has time for, Yet it is too complete to be parted out. It needs a ton of work, but can be done by some ambitious and hardworking person..Owner is considering selling it for scrap. That would be a shame.

It has been stored in the garage for the last 6 or 7 years. The dash is gone, so is the steering wheel, interior is toast too, so is the bonnet and trunk lid. But the front of the car, engine, carbs, front shroud, grill all looks to be in good shape. We weren't able to see much of the back or underneath, due to the clutter around it.

It does have a good clean title. If anyone is interested, please give me a call (301 270 8811 (tel:%28301%20270%208811)) and I'll put you in touch with the owner directly.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=399be926ff&view=att&th=13d312f87c93f36b&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=399be926ff&view=att&th=13d312f87c93f36b&attid=0.0.2&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

Marvin Gruber
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
On it

Marv

Keith_M
03-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Marv,
Let me know what happens. Funny thing is, I mentioned this to my wife and she said "You should buy it", and she was serious!

I almost fell over in a dead faint...

Anyway, I hope you get it, but if you don't I may give it a go. It has wires and overdrive. Unless the frame is completely rusted out, it's gotta be worth $500.

Keith

Marvin Gruber
03-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I asked a friend in the area to check it out this week and let me know. Don't wait on me. I have plently of projects but can't turn down a deal.

Marv

Marvin Gruber
03-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Sold in the first hour.

mike clayton
03-10-2013, 01:51 PM
HI Keith,
You really should thinkabout getting that bugeye you have in boxes out of the way so you can work on other projects..I belive Ala. is only a day and a half drive from New Hampshire so if you need to get rid of it I am in the market for a bugeye.
Thanks
Mike

Keith_M
03-10-2013, 02:55 PM
HI Keith,
You really should thinkabout getting that bugeye you have in boxes out of the way so you can work on other projects..I belive Ala. is only a day and a half drive from New Hampshire so if you need to get rid of it I am in the market for a bugeye.
Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike,
I'm not sure why you thought I was in Alabama; I'm in Logan, UT, which is a fair piece from New Hampshire. The bugeye is not for sale; I will be starting the restoration the summer. There is currently a bugeye for sale on this Forum, and they come up fairly often in various states of repair. If you look back through the recent posts, someone posted a project bugeye a few months ago as well. I never heard if it sold...

Keith