PDA

View Full Version : Wanted PCV valves

Jamie
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm looking for 2 x this PCV valve. I have a 1275 that only has the oil separator fitted to a puke tank filtered to atmosphere that leaks lots of oil and a 1500 that's had a twin-carb upgrade from the single that has the valve cover plumbed to one of the air filters. The valve is online for about $70 each but I'm looking for more of a bargain.

25876 Moss diagram

Could someone also tell me how it mounts to the intake, rubber grommet? My manifolds just have plugs to fill the old holes.

Thanks.

Jamie

mgfish
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
MGB'S USED THEM MUCH LONGER THAN SPRITGETS did I look and see if I have any pic from parts book is MGB but Spridgets mounted the same.

Bob26266

Boink
03-27-2013, 07:53 PM
I used a threaded nipple into the log-style intake manifold and then used a short hose with clamps for that part. Then, one long hose from the oil separator to the other inlet. In my own case, I'm trying to figure out how to dial it down just a bit so-as to not produce too much vacuum... because I've sucked some oil all the way to the PCV and one time some came through (producing a huge amount of smoke that eventually burned off). I'm told there is an ideal diameter (5/16ths?) for the small hose to the intake.

BTW, I kindly received this pancake-style PCV for free from Bill L. (and I think there are a lot of them out there)... and only had to replace the rubber membrane (for about $2).