PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble getting Forum to work on IE 9 since it was switched to the new format.

JerryVV
11-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Having trouble getting Forum to work on IE 9 since it was switched to the new format. It seems that my system thinks that the links are broken. It worked fine on that machine before the change and works fine on my work and laptop computers which are both earlier versions of IE. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JVV

TR3driver
11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Switch to Firefox, Opera or Chrome?

Firefox seems to co-exist reasonably well with IE. At work I have to use IE for the company intranet, but I still use mostly Firefox for outside work (including BCF). Of course only one can be registered to handle links from other applications, so I run Firefox from a toolbar icon.

Basil
11-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Try clearing your browser cache.

JerryVV
12-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Do you mean Favorites and Cookies? I did that but certainly can do it again. I did not delete sign on and passwords however.

I'll try it again and Thanks, wonder why IE 9 is giving such a problem?

JerryVV
12-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Randall, I'm not as tech savey as you. I need IE for my business whether at home on the road or in the office so I can't substitute Firefox for IE, I assume they can be run side by side by your response. Kindly send me some help via my personal e-mail jerryvv at roadrunner dot com. Thanks,

JVV

TR3driver
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I don't have IE 9 handy, but here's a web site (U of Wisconsin) that explains how to clear the cache on IE 9.
http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

I believe you should be able to just install Firefox (or any of the others) normally. If it asks you if you want the new browser to be your "default browser", select "no". If it doesn't ask, though, just run IE after you finish the installation of Firefox and it will ask if you want IE as your default browser. Tell it "yes". The "default" browser is the one that opens when you click on a link from another application (like email or a Word document).

You've got my email address, feel free to ask if you need more help.

JerryVV
12-03-2012, 10:29 AM
OK I'll try all of this, Thanks,

JVV

JerryVV
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
It Works, Thanks
JVV