PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Commemorative Window

Steve
02-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Here's the link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hereford/worcs/4302089.stm

There will be more than a few car nuts going to church in the future.

Mickey Richaud
02-28-2005, 01:29 AM
Ah, yes - Now I've got some ideas for that last available window at my church! And if I can just get a few donors together...

Thanks, Steve! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Mickey

Steve
02-28-2005, 02:33 AM
There you go.....a Carroll Shelby window, and maybe even dedicated by the great man himself.....I'll bet he'd come! No-one has ever done that for him....yet!

Mickey Richaud
02-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Ummm... No, I was thinking of something a bit more apocalyptic. Like maybe the Prince of Darkness being defeated by... No, he hasn't been defeated yet.

Well, maybe someone else has an idea.

Seriously, though, I think the Morgan window is great. There's a depiction in one of the large stained glass windows in All Saints' Chapel at the University of the South, in Sewanee, Tenn., of a priest making a pastoral call on a family. He's at their front door, and off to the side is his Volkswagen.

Mickey

Steve
03-01-2005, 02:30 AM
Now my first thought was "Why put Lucas on a stained glass window?" then I remembered who had made the statement. Doh!!! You could have a similar window to the one you mention, featuring you with a big grease smear across your face, holding a wrench with your Triumph on your left and your MG to your right.

aeronca65t
03-01-2005, 08:20 AM
There's a depiction in one of the large stained glass windows in All Saints' Chapel at the University of the South, in Sewanee, Tenn., of a priest making a pastoral call on a family. He's at their front door, and off to the side is his Volkswagen.

That's really cool. And I like the Morgan window as well.

The newest windows in our Church (http://pcmorristown.org) are well over 100 years old (George Washinton once attended our church). I don't think there's any cars depicted in the stained glass...maybe a donkey cart. I'll have to look.

Mickey Richaud
03-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Nice church website, Nial. Ours is being "remodeled" and I may borrow some of the ideas!

By the way, we've got a rose window that honors the major economic force that built Clarksville: tobacco. I'm sure it's the only one of its kind! I'd post a picture, but the file's too big to attach.

Mickey