PDA

View Full Version : 2500M rear suspension

TRclassic3
11-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Need some advice on this, The right rear of the car sits a bit lower than the left. Noticeable when viewing from the rear. I have also noticed that the tire will rub occassionally. Most likely over heavy bump or right hand turn at speed. I cannot see anything broken or bent. Is the most likely culprit the spring and/or shock? anything else I should inspect?

TIA
Ed

Grantura_MKI
11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Sound to me like you have a rear spring that has packed up. Are your shockers adjustable base? If so, put a few turns on the spring. If you are going to replace, try to purchase adjustable shocks and springs. I would check your bushings while you are at it. Super-flex makes replacement bushes.
Let us know what you find.

TRclassic3
11-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the info. That confirms my thoughts that it must be the spring. The current shocks are not adjustable. As this looks like a replacement project, any suggestions for sourcing the shocks and springs?

Grantura_MKI
11-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Yes. Please PM me and I will help you with what I would fit.

ralph_s
11-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Ed,
Keep me posted on what you discover as I'm sure I'll have the same iisues in the future.

ps I'm ready for a warm sunday car show in Gettysburg, but think I've got to wait for some time........lol

TRclassic3
12-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi Ralph

Will do.
Sent you a PM