PDA

View Full Version : nice barn find

sunbeammadd
11-24-2004, 10:36 PM
This one's from the UK. Scroll down to the item dated 21 Sept 04. The one and only TVR Tina coupe.

http://www.ginetta.co.uk/index.htm

waltesefalcon
11-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Thats a heck of a barn find. Thats a cool site in general too thanks for the link.

davidsgems
11-25-2004, 08:30 AM
I have owned two Trident Clippers (Made in association with TVR) which looked a bit similar in a way to the Tina. They were very quick in a straight line with their 289 hipo engines but they were a real handful on the corners, more than once I found myself pointing back in the direction I had just came from. I also was involved in making a 3.2 litre V6 cologne engine for TVR in the eighties and they exhibited the car at the motorshow in London. I also helped run the engine in mostly around leatherhead in Surrey. It too was very quick but TVR decided to go for a cheaper V8 as the very much developed V6 was all steel and was expensive. The original engine for the tvr came from my own car a very special ford capri which we built a turbocharged engine for. It was called the Swaymar turbo ss and I think it was the fastest car I have ever driven. There purports to be others made but there was only one as it took over twelve months to get it right and was very expensive.

Jim Weatherford
11-25-2004, 07:53 PM
I've always wanted a Ginetta G4, I think they are beautiful weird litle go very fast machines.

racing girl
11-26-2004, 01:32 PM
That site, Cottage Classics, is very well known in the Ginetta world. The owner, Spadge Hopkins, tracks down parts for us and is happy to box things up and ship it all Stateside. A really great guy who has a passion for what he does, he sometimes sends me photos of him amd his crew when they race their Ginettas.

Jim - G4's, very beautiful, not at all weird!! Have you seen one in the flesh before?? Truly stunning cars, that manage to make my G15 look big!

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

waltesefalcon
11-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Man the G4s really are beautiful cars. Only wish I could afford one.