PDA

View Full Version : Start your engines...

DB6
11-05-2004, 06:54 AM
The new Aston Martin DBR9 looking good and ready to keep up a name and a racing heritage.
Aston Martin Racing (http://www.astonmartinracing.com/index.htm)

Danny

davidsgems
11-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Certainly looks the part. Hopefully it will do well. If it gets the backing it deserves. Ford need some good publicity after the F1 pull out that they should be ashamed of. They did not have the b*ll**** to give their team a chance to put a decent car together even with all their resources and now leave the field open to their rivals to maximise the enormous publicity and feel good factor worldwide F1 generates, particularly now it looks like the current organisers have finally through a few individuals greed managed to drive the car manufacturers into starting a rival series that will be the current F1's formats downfall very soon. Whew! had to get that out as Ford have really shot themselves in the foot. I guess when accountants start to run a business then the long term imagination evaporates. When Mr Ford decided he wanted to win Le Mans he did.

trrdster2000
11-05-2004, 10:02 AM
David, maybe they will at least make the parts available to the guys (or gals) that want to run the new GT40 in the road course series, was IMSA. I can see then getting Phil Mickelson involved, he tried baseball might as well bring some crossover fans with him. Wayne

waltesefalcon
11-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Very Cool. I hope it can go out and compete well. I'd love to see Aston Martin do well with a racing program.