PDA

View Full Version : 1953 Austin Princess on Ebay.CA

KLUTZ
11-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Now, this is one fine looking automobile. EBAY # 2498335864 located in Toronto.
Confused, though.... Who made it? Austin or Rolls-Royce?
This could go beside the new Diamler, Basil. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

78Z
11-02-2004, 08:11 PM
I believe its just powered by a Rolls 6 cylinder and built by Austin or an outside coach builder.

Steve
11-02-2004, 10:28 PM
This was an Austin, and the Princess bodywork was made by, I believe, Vanden Plas. I am doubtful about the Rolls Royce engine however, because Austin did use a Rolls inline six, but in the later 4-litre R. Not aware of them having done that on any other cars.

Simon TR4a
11-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Guys the engine in that car is a 4 litre, 6 cylinder Austin engine, same as used in the Jensen 541, a predecessor of the Interceptor.
It is also sometimes called an A135. A guy in the Triumph club, Vic Whitmore, has one in gold which he uses as a wedding limo.
I have never been in one though I have ridden in a Daimler 4.5 litre V8 limo, which is similar. They have neat little fold-down seats mounted against the partition separating driver from passengers, these face the back seat as on a train.
Simon.

waltesefalcon
11-03-2004, 09:49 PM
We have a Vanden Plas bodied Daimler limo in at work right now to have the brake master cylinder rebuilt. It has the fold down seats in it like what Simon described absolutely beautiful car inside and out.