PDA

View Full Version : Continued from... "Is Smoking Bad?"

Jim Weatherford
10-29-2004, 01:45 PM
I need the assistance of Real Lotus Guys…

I have a ’73 Jensen Healey Mk.I naturally with the Lotus 907 - 1.8 liter engine. For a description of the problem please see the “Is Smoking Bad?” in OTHER BRITISH CARS area of the board (I didn’t want to duplicate it here to help save bandwidth). I’m looking at several options; one fix the crankcase ventilation problem and move on with my currently installed engine until the engine is so-o-o ragged I have to replace it. Or…

I have two spare non-running Lotus 907 – 1.8 liter complete engines and I was going to rebuild one of them to the 2.2 Liter configuration, I still think this is a very viable option. Or… should I be looking for another later model Lotus engine, one that would fit or…

Any ideas or assistance is welcome. One of my friends suggested a Mazda Rotary and I’ve used the Subaru 2.0 Turbo in a Porsche 550R replica and it was awesome. So… from… “mild to wild”, I have to do something, now that winter is here I’d like to have it finished by Spring ’05. Thanks All.

Cottontop
10-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey Jim,

Since you are contemplating going to a "non-stock" engine, I can put you in touch with these two guys.

http://ntahc.org/modifiedhealeys/Photos/63Hazen/Hazen1.htm

http://ntahc.org/modifiedhealeys/Photos/128Garcia/Garcia1.htm

They both live in Dallas, TX. (as do I). They have each had TWO different (Chevy) engines in their Jensens and both
do their own work.

Whether or not you like what they have done and would choose to go with a Chevy engine or not, they each have a
"TREMENDOUS" knowledge and experience base of things to know and things to watch out for in modifying your Jensen.

IF you choose to use a NON STOCK engine, please contact me. I would like to try to talk you into joining the
FREE Modified Healey Registry and getting pictures of your car for our web site - http://www.ntahc.org/modifiedhealeys

Tim Moran - Car # 1 on the web site
timoran@ticnet.com

Jim Weatherford
10-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Tim;

Thanks for the heads up. If I go the wild route, I'll let you know. Be well.

Cottontop
10-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Jim,

Let's not call it the "wild" route...

Let's call it the "NON-original, MORE-reliable, and MUCH cheaper" route.....

Maybe I'll see you out on the road soon. My mother lives in Laguna, so I get out there 2-3 times a year.

Tim

Jim Weatherford
10-31-2004, 01:34 AM
Tim;

You are always welcome here, just call first. LOL If you are coming out, please let me know, I'd enjoy meeting you, we always welcome Texans here.

I just picked up a Lotus 907 engine from a new friend, I'm gonna see how that runs before I do anything.

Putting V8's and V6's into the JH makes perfect sense, I remember when a stupid ole' chicken farmer from Texas put a Ford 260 V8 in a AC Ace and it changed the world of racing forever. Driving my 427 Cobra replica was "WILD" I assure you.

You have a great weekend now, ya hear. Jim