PDA

View Full Version : Daimler - Am I nuts? (probably)

Basil
10-15-2004, 01:21 AM
Ok, itís not like I don't have enough to do just getting my EType back on the road. I mean, I need another British car like I need a hole in the head. (ok, another hole in the head). But have you ever come across one of those deals where, despite your best efforts to resist, you can't. You find yourself making up all sorts of rationalizations as to why you just must buy a particular car! Your head says your nuts but your heart says ďbuy it!" Well, that is the quandary in which I find myself.

By chance, and through a friend of mine, I stumbled upon a very cool car that I could purchase at what I think is a very fair price (from what I can tell from my research). Iíd rather not divulge the price just yet (donít want to jinx it).

It is a 1953 Daimler Sports Special. It is like this one (http://www.daimler.co.uk/daimlermodels/html/specialsports.htm) (but its not this one). The car is very solid with no rust to speak of. It is 99 percent complete and about 80 percent of the chrome has been re-done. It runs strong and doesn't smoke at all. The interior has been redone in vinyl and would need re-doing eventually, as would the top which is donít in vinyl as well (should be canvas).

It appears that there were only 500 or so ever made between 1949 and 1953 and there are an estimated 180 known to exist today. So its not only a really cool looking car, itís also seems to be a bit on the rare side.

Basil

Steve_S
10-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Judging by looks, that is a car I would like to own. Buy it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Sherlock
10-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Basil, you are nuts... but then so are many of us around here...

That kind of Daimler is a gorgeous car! I've seen a couple of them in real life to know... This is the Daimler era just prior to the Jaguar takeover when most of their cars were coachbuilt.

Anyway, as long as the deal is good why not go for it... just beware that your parts sourcing and servicing will probably be difficult and tricky, but then isn't a pretty face worth it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

piman
10-15-2004, 05:18 AM
Hello Basil,
that is going back to a different era!
Daimler (rather than Rolls Royce) used to be the manufacturer of choice of the British Royal family and it was a quality car manufacturer.

Alec

Bugeye58
10-15-2004, 08:42 AM
Oh my! Basil, don't let this jewel get away.
Jeff

rulle7
10-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Basil, if you DON'T buy this fantastic motor car, well then, and only then are you truly bonkers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

Simon TR4a
10-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Basil that is an ELEGANT motor!
I suggest you and Mrs. Fawlty get all dressed up (top hat and tails for you, evening gown for her) and go out for a really nice dinner. Let the valet park the car.
Simon (impressed.)

Steve
10-15-2004, 11:57 AM
I will add my weight (not inconsiderable......just ask my bathroom scale) to the "you are nuts if you DON'T buy it" argument. These were wonderful, quality-built cars, with character to spare. If the price seems so right that you don't want to jinx it by mentioning it, then how could you not go for it? Good luck, and pictures will be required should you be the proud owner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

78Z
10-15-2004, 12:03 PM
That is a great looking car. If its complete and pretty much ready for the road (and by your description it would seem to be) go for it! You could always drive for a few years until the Jaguar is ready then sell for same money or profit given that your purchase price was so good.

Roger
10-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Sure you're nuts!
Sorry, a voice of dissent. The post-WWii pre-Jaguar Daimler / Lanchester cars (with the exception of the Turner cars) are overweight, underpowered, soggy and ill-handling. The Royal Family connection was very old, and I doubt they bothered to be discerning until later.
That anyone took the trouble to make such cars well is surprising, but they did and that gave them just about their only virtue.
Buy it if you like the look of it, want to own it and it's in good shape. But don't buy it for driving pleasure....

racing girl
10-15-2004, 04:04 PM
"Daimler - Am I nuts?"

You have to know you're asking the wrong crowd here, of course we're going to tell you to go and buy it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

78Z
10-15-2004, 07:12 PM
there is one on eBay ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...881818&rd=1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6472&item=24938818 18&rd=1)

Sherlock
10-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Roger...

You're absolutely right! That car is no sports car and is certainly overweight for the engine... So it's no "sports car" agreed... A very classy old car it is though and an opportunity that will rarely be available.

Having said that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif To each their own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

90 XJ-S
10-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Basil,

I am going to have to disagree with everybody here. You absolutely, positively should not buy this car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

Let me know who and where it is being offered and I will take care of your temptation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

reasonable price you say!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

Basil
10-15-2004, 11:06 PM
All - thanks for the encouragement (I think). This is a very tempting deal and even my wife is not against it because of it's unique look and rarity.

Roger - No worries. I have no illusions that this car is some kind of sports car that I could whip around mountain roads. If I buy it it will be mainly because it is a very rare car (about 180 of 500 ever made are known to exist). Also, it is a beautiful piece of art in my opinion. Those suicide doors and the sweeping lines are just stunning.

78Z - Yea, I saw that one on Ebay. The price for the one I'm looking at is <u>much</u> less.

90-XJ-S - Haha Fat chance!

By the way, if I do end up with this car, I already know the color scheme I'd paint it:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/show_090.jpg

Steve
10-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Ooooooooooooohhhhhh yes!! Nice combination there. What is the colour scheme at the moment? Does it need paint?

Basil
10-16-2004, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ooooooooooooohhhhhh yes!! Nice combination there. What is the colour scheme at the moment? Does it need paint?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is currently BRG on top and light bronze on the bottom. Its about a 10 year old paint scheme and not a very goo job.

Bugeye58
10-16-2004, 01:54 AM
Basil, that color scheme is a knockout.
Hurry up and buy the car!
Jeff

waltesefalcon
10-16-2004, 02:14 AM
Buy it Basil.

rulle7
10-16-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no illusions that this car is some kind of sports car that I could whip around mountain roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see Basil touring the country in a stately manner befitting the 'haves' with a white-gloved Mrs. Fawlty gently waving to the 'have-nots'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif.

Basil
10-16-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no illusions that this car is some kind of sports car that I could whip around mountain roads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see Basil touring the country in a stately manner befitting the 'haves' with a white-gloved Mrs. Fawlty gently waving to the 'have-nots'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

90 XJ-S
10-16-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy it Basil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on guys, you are supposed to be convincing Basil that this would be a foolish purchase. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

That he doesn't really want it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

AND that he should tell me where to get it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come on Basil, you know you want me to have it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

By the way,Basil, I obviously agree with you. That is one classy car and it sounds to me like the price is right.
If you do actually go crazy and don't buy that thing, make sure you remember me. I am way beyond jealous.
Go get it. dress to the 9's. Go to dinner at the finest reastraunt in town. and let the Valet park your car. Think about the scene when they bring the car out to you after the meal.

Mike

MattP
10-17-2004, 12:10 AM
I say go for it. It looks wonderful. Just do keep in mind that if there were only 500 of them, there will be a lot of bits that you just don't call up NAPA and pick up that afternoon.

But, that in mind, that looks like it would be a sweet tourer.

Basil
10-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Ok guys, Looks like I'm completely mad. I just committed to buying this car. And, oh by the way, I forgot to mention that it comes with a 1949 "parts car". Well, I went to look at this "parts car" and guess what! It's a nearly rust-free, mostly complete (lots of parts still in boxes) 1949 Daimler Sports Special! The Parts Car would be worth more than the 53 when its all put together (I suspect). I'll post pics of the 53 when I get them, but here's the 49 that I am also getting:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/Daimler/49ss_1.jpg

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/Daimler/49ss_2.jpg

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/Daimler/49ss_motor.jpg

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/Daimler/49ss_int.jpg

MattP
10-17-2004, 03:47 AM
That is just too nice, Bas. I would wish you good luck, but it looks like you already have it. Congrats.

thegoodbeamer
10-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Man that is nice.I spent time looking for a 53/54 Alpine.Too few and too much.Finally gave up.
The parts car is also very nice.I even wouldn't mind that one at all.
Congratulations to you.

Bugeye58
10-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Well, it looks as though good things happen to good people, after all.
Now I am insanely jealous!
Excellent find, Basil. I would be tempted to restore them both. No, tempted is incorrect. I'd <u>do</u> it.
Jeff

rulle7
10-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Oh Basil, we are all positively BRG with envy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

90 XJ-S
10-17-2004, 01:11 PM
TWO of them!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well I gues I only thought I was envious before.
I'm looking on the bright side...My trailer will only haul one of those beasts...so I would have to make two trips to NM. doesn't seem worth it .... (Hmmmm, Never seems to work when you lie to yourself. Does it?)

Congratulations Basil! Keep us up to date on progress. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Mike

Basil
10-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited about it. I have learned from the folks that run the Daimler register that there are only 18 Sports Specials on the register in the USA (not sure yet if mine are already on the register of if they would be 19 and 20). Hard to believe I snagged both of these - the first year and last year examples - for (please sit down) $8000.

Basil

90 XJ-S
10-17-2004, 01:41 PM
I guess I wasn't sitting low enough.... Fell out of my chair onto the floor.

Congrats again!! I would be feeling very lucky right now.

Mike

Xracer
10-17-2004, 02:19 PM
You owe me a new keybord! I ruined mine with drool!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patton
10-17-2004, 02:52 PM
I guess this means that you are going to have to add Daimler Forum to the mix!!! Congratulations

Patton

waltesefalcon
10-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Hey bas, I'll trade you two spitfires for one of your parts car.

Sherlock
10-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Basil...

There are at least two I know of in Canada...

#1 I saw in Calgary, Alberta back in 2000, I understand that this car has been here in Calgary for many years, didn't see it at any shows I went to this year, is it still in Calgary? The colour is white on burgundy

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/DaimlerSports1.jpg

#2 I saw at a British show in Toronto a couple of years ago, your favourite blue on ivory colour

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/DaimlerSports2.jpg

What's the original colour on your Daimler? Or does it matter for value how original the car is...

Basil
10-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the pictures! (I took the liberty of re-sizing them and putting on my server - I like to keep picture widths to max of 600 pixels of possible).

It it is obvious from the two pics that the fender skirts add a lot to the lines of the car (one pic has them and the other doesn't).

(I have no idea what the original color of my Daimler was (but I know what color scheme I'm paining it. The one you posted is close but a little too dark on the top and a little too silver on the sides. I want this:
http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/show_090.jpg

Basil

waltesefalcon
10-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Good ole B&amp;O colours.

Basil
10-17-2004, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good ole B&amp;O colours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bang and Olufsen? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way, I have been in contact with the fellow who runs the Daimler registry and it seems the 49 is not an SS but a 49 Drop Head Coupe. Still a rare car in its own right. The SS is in fact a 51 based on the chassis number they have in their records.

Cheers,
Basil

trrdster2000
10-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Basil, I'm green with envy, to even have a chance at this beautiful car makes you a lucky man. They ride like a dream. Wayne

78Z
10-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Wow - that parts car looks great! Sounds like a excellent deal!

Basil
10-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Wow, is that a TR Roadster in your sig? Now THAT is a cool car!!

Basil

Steve
10-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Congratulations Basil, you did good!!!!!

waltesefalcon
10-19-2004, 02:26 AM
"Bang and Olufsen? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif"

Yeah Bas, that B&amp;O not the rail road that used blue and grey as its colours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Basil
10-19-2004, 03:48 AM
Well, I made it down to where my new Daimler SS is parked and this time I took my camera:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/mydaimler1.jpg

Interior shot - the wood in this car in very good original condition:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/mydaimler3.jpg

From the rear:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/mydaimler4.jpg

Massive Trunk space - more that enough room for a body or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/mydaimler5.jpg

Extra storage below the trunk for the Spare Tire, Tools, etc:
http://www.britishcarforum.com/temp/mydaimler6.jpg

MattP
10-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Now I know I am jelous. That is beautiful. You got a fantastic deal.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Steve
10-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Wow, looks good to me. The car was registered in the city of Derby in the British east midlands. The plates give a little of the car's history, and you might even be able to track down a thorough history of previous owners through the DVLC in Swansea. It might also be worth contacting (and joining) the Daimler and Lanchester Owners Club in the UK, see if the car is known to them.

http://www.dloc.org.uk/

I had dealings with them when I was in the UK, nice bunch of people!

waltesefalcon
10-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Wow thats truely beautiful. Happy motoring Bas, I hope the Damiler(s) get plenty of road time.

90 XJ-S
10-19-2004, 10:30 PM
I'll chime in with one more WOW!!
Couldn't happen to a better guy.
(Just a minute!!... Yes it could, it could have happened to me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Keep us up to date on all happenings in and with the Daimler.

Mike
(Still Jealous)
you need a new graemlin :jealous:

Tiger
10-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Basil, have you measured the engine compartment yet to see if your Jag's engine will fit?

coldplugs
10-19-2004, 11:29 PM
You would have been nuts to pass it up. I don't know much about parts availability for these in the US but you might want to bookmark www.kipmotor.com (http://www.kipmotor.com) for starters. Good guys to know if you maintain a car like this.

Best of luck with it.

Basil
10-19-2004, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You would have been nuts to pass it up. I don't know much about parts availability for these in the US but you might want to bookmark www.kipmotor.com (http://www.kipmotor.com) for starters. Good guys to know if you maintain a car like this.

Best of luck with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! Its bookmarked! I know that parts for these gems are not going to be as available as, say, the Jag. I will do my utmost to refurbish what is already there and, where I can get away with it, use suitable substitutes (for example, I'm sure that I could find rubber bits from other cars that are similar enough to use. On the 49, for example, The rubber boots that surround the bumber mounting bars that extend from the front fenders, look remarkably similer to those I've seen on old pick up trucks of the era.

Basil

Basil
10-20-2004, 12:39 AM
By the way, on another forum (a Daimler forum), I have been in contact with the fellow who ownes the very next 51 SS that rolled off the line. He is the third owner of his car and he is in Austrailia! How cool is that!

Basil

Steve
10-20-2004, 12:47 AM
The internet is a wonderful resource, that's for sure. Whatever did we used to before?

Basil
10-20-2004, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The internet is a wonderful resource, that's for sure. Whatever did we used to before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Typewriters and mail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Steve_S
10-20-2004, 12:56 AM
I used a telephone. Didn't do me or my car much good though.

UltimateQuestion
10-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Another Wow. And two for the price of one - Wow-wow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Basil
10-20-2004, 08:55 PM
On another Daimler-specific forum, I heard from a guy who owns the 51 SS that was the very next one off the line after mine. He lives in Autstrailia. Small world!

Basil

Keoke
10-21-2004, 09:04 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif Hey Steve,I guess this bloke Roger can't handle the fluid flywheel-"But don't buy it for driving pleasure" What

else you gonna buy it for ?To look at?-Keoke--- Basil don't

worry about support for this car we can hook you up.

Basil
10-21-2004, 09:27 PM
My primary reason for buying it is that it is just a very cool looking and unusual car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/square.gif

Keoke
10-21-2004, 09:27 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif
Basil, No substitutes keep it clean, there is help available.-FWIW---Keoke---That ain't no excuse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Keoke
10-21-2004, 10:17 PM
UNHUH, Who da thunk it!-Keoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PS I never made over to Anaheim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keoke
10-21-2004, 10:29 PM
OH MY Gosh No! Tiger, To keep it true to its heritage only a Daimler 4.5 LTR Hemi V8 engine is considered worthy if ever a swap was made. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif-Keoke

DART
10-27-2004, 07:58 PM
You need to join the Daimler &amp; Lanchester Owners' Club of North America. Contact is Linda Simmonds; 135 Kenner Crescent; Stratford, Ontario, N5A 7H2

There are some Sports Specials owners -I think- in the club.

Basil
10-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks, I probably will eventually join. I see now why you're name is "Dart" (For a Daimler 250, right?)

DART
10-28-2004, 11:02 AM
But of course....now if I could get it running again, the world would be right!

aeronca65t
11-01-2004, 12:46 PM
What a glorious and stunning car! You are now officially "posh".

A friend of mine (who has a RHD car) was telling me that he was thinking of installing one of those small, "electronic rear-view mirrors" (normally used on RVs) so that that the lipstick camera was pointing forward and near his left-front headlight: this way, he would be able to use it for overtaking other cars. Since you're an EE, you could probably cook up something like this from your scrapbox.

Otherwise, I think it would be a wonderful vehicle for some of those vintage tours (like the "Copperstate"). Looks like it has perfect patina too.
If you get tired of that old Daimler parts-car, give me a holler and I'll be over straight away to haul it off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Bugeye58
11-01-2004, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you get tired of that old Daimler parts-car, give me a holler and I'll be over straight away to haul it off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nial, I'm closer than you are, and it will fit in my trailer!
Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Basil
11-01-2004, 10:11 PM
You guys kill me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Bugeye58
11-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Basil, we're just envious. Doesn't it show?
Jeff

Steve
11-02-2004, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a glorious and stunning car! You are now officially "posh".

A friend of mine (who has a RHD car) was telling me that he was thinking of installing one of those small, "electronic rear-view mirrors" (normally used on RVs) so that that the lipstick camera was pointing forward and near his left-front headlight: this way, he would be able to use it for overtaking other cars. Since you're an EE, you could probably cook up something like this from your scrapbox.

Otherwise, I think it would be a wonderful vehicle for some of those vintage tours (like the "Copperstate"). Looks like it has perfect patina too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think that overtaking other vehicles will ever enter the equation with the Daimler......unless they're stationary, of course.

rulle7
11-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Overtaking?
How very unseemly.
Being 'on time' surely is a preoccupation of lesser individuals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Steve
11-02-2004, 04:17 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif Well said young sir, you have the right outlook to become a Daimler owner yourself!

waltesefalcon
11-02-2004, 05:30 PM
In a Daimler one does not "overtake" other vehicles, one is above such unseemly things. The purpose of driving such a magnificent vehicle is to be seen and envied by those less fortunante.

Basil
11-02-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a Daimler one does not "overtake" other vehicles, one is above such unseemly things. The purpose of driving such a magnificent vehicle is to be seen and envied by those less fortunante.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pardon me, but do you have any cheap yellow mustard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

90 XJ-S
11-04-2004, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nial, I'm closer than you are, and it will fit in my trailer!
Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Guys, I'm closer than both of you and can probably average 95-100 MPH across AZ and NM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif Even with the trailer on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

Bugeye58
11-05-2004, 02:13 AM
There's always one in the crowd, isn't there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif
Jeff

waltesefalcon
11-05-2004, 11:47 AM
"can probably average 95-100 MPH across AZ and NM" hah I can top that if I take the ambulance. Going across western OK, and the TX panhandle there aren't really any HiPo and if I see any just turn on the light and siren. I won't even drag a trailer to slow me down, just rent a uhaul in when I get there.

tinkerbell
11-05-2004, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's always one in the crowd, isn't there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
hey ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Bugeye58
11-05-2004, 06:06 PM
OK, I'm bringing the 747. Or, I could easily arrange a C-5.
Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

90 XJ-S
11-05-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... I could easily arrange a C-5.
Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was having the same thought. Probably would need the Galaxy to haul that Daimler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike

coldplugs
11-09-2004, 12:28 AM
The Jaguar-Daimler Heritage Trust have a new website that's supposed to go online tomorrow 9 November. It might interesting to a new Daimler owner.

The url is www.jdht.com (http://www.jdht.com) .

Basil
11-09-2004, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Jaguar-Daimler Heritage Trust have a new website that's supposed to go online tomorrow 9 November. It might interesting to a new Daimler owner.

The url is www.jdht.com (http://www.jdht.com) .

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there is a page there, but the site still isn't "up". (as of 11 Nov)

coldplugs
11-09-2004, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Well there is a page there, but the site still isn't "up". (as of 11 Nov)

[/ QUOTE ]

I know we're in different time zones but how did you get to 11 Nov already?

judow
11-12-2004, 12:05 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif Could I be an applicant for the valet position? Please, please, please!

judow
11-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Oh WOW!!!! How gorgeous is that!!!

You did give me the position of 'valet', did you not! Distance alone qualifies me.

Alfasudcrazy
01-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Can somebody tell me what the exact model designation my Daimler is - see pic. Its a 1975 (registration date 1/1/75) and was advertised as a 4.2 Long wheel base. I am just wondering if its a mk 2 or whatever.
Sorry not well up on my Daimlers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif - but I guess I will be before too long. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/Alfasudcrazy/Jag4.jpg