PDA

View Full Version : Last Day of Winter

ralph_s
03-19-2010, 08:11 PM
It was somewhat ironic after the winter we had in PA that on the last day we hit 70deg. I'm not complaining as it did provide an excellent opportunity to do a dust off drive for my TVR.
She started up with some coaxing, but ran like a champ. The idle was high and found a sticking front choke cam. A little lube and it seems fixed (nothings that easy) but i'll take it. Great to know we're heading in the right direction w/ driving season on the horizon.
God bless the vernal equinox!!!!!!

mrtvr
03-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Ralph,
I can certainly understand what you are saying. Here in Virginia, we've been blessed with 70 degree temps over the last few days and I've had the 280i out for several good drives and will get another one in today, hopefully,before the rains move in.
I'm hoping we are seeing the beginning of an ongoing warm spring so the TVRs can hit the roads all over the US and Canada.
Marshall

TRclassic3
03-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Ralph

Good to hear you were able to wake the beast from hibernation. This has been some wonderful March weather and the Brit cars have been out and enjoying it. I continue to tinker with the TVR and am building confidence in it. Takes a while to sort things out, but it's all part of the fun. Discovered that the speedo was non operational due to a broken cable from the EGR meter to the speedo. Looks like I've avoided a gauge rebuild, which I am quite pleased about. Now it's a matter of finding a replacement inner cable. I did say "part of the fun" didn't I.

Anyway, looking forward to crossing paths with you sometime this spring.

ralph_s
03-24-2010, 07:11 AM
Ed,
Keep at it & I'll see you at Carlisle. Also the British Invade Gettysburg show is July 11th. Hope you can make it. We made a strong showing last year as the only 2 TVR's!!!
Have the bumpers off the TVR for painting. The rear ones are a "treat" to remove, but it will help dress up the car. Always worth the effort.