PDA

View Full Version : Saw a New Bentley

huck6
10-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Well, perhaps not exactly new. It looked like an Arnage, so it could have been a couple of year's old. It was the first that I had seen and although the pictures of the car look a little cartoonish IMHO, the car in person does have a definate presence. Love it or hate it, you can't ignore it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

Dale
10-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi Huck!
Wow, that's some neighborhood you've moved to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) Any RRs on the block? The closest I've been to a Bentley is the pics in the mags and I agree it doesn't photograph well. Did pass an older Bentley coming out of Durango some time ago. It was RHD and but for the grill I would have guessed it was a Rolls.

Bret
10-11-2004, 01:40 PM
I saw a new Bentley Continental GT about two weeks ago less than two blocks from my house at a major intersection. While I’ll admit that it makes clear “snobbish - here I am I made it kind of statement”, I think the message would be lost on all but a few that actually know what the car was or represents. Besides it is kind of tubby looking to me.

Honestly, if I had that kind of money ($150,000+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif ) burning a hole in my pocket and wanted a “stately” 2+2 sports coupe - I opt for a DB9.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Basil
10-11-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IHonestly, if I had that kind of money ($150,000+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif ) burning a hole in my pocket and wanted a “stately” 2+2 sports coupe - I opt for a DB9.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

For me: Maybach

PC
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...For me: Maybach

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you need more than two $150,000s burning holes in you pockets to buy a Maybach?

I saw one parked along the side of the road the other day while riding my bike (not too far from where John Loftus took the picture of his Healey "cruising" on PCH). Man that thing was big. Elegant though, not at all gaudy.

PC.

Basil
10-11-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...For me: Maybach

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you need more than two $150,000s burning holes in you pockets to buy a Maybach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but that's why we have two pockets! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

PC
10-11-2004, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...Sure, but that's why we have two pockets! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Strangely, while I was in an Aston Martin dealer the other day I was wearing cargo pants (they have six pockets) and none of the salesmen even talked to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PC.

Basil
10-11-2004, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...Sure, but that's why we have two pockets! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Strangely, while I was in an Aston Martin dealer the other day I was wearing cargo pants (they have six pockets) and none of the salesmen even talked to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
PC.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://members.efn.org/~kenh/gifs/duckman.gif Are you sure it was the pants? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PC
10-11-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure it was the pants? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the tee-shirt I was wearing didn't have any pockets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PC.

huck6
10-13-2004, 11:19 AM
" Wow, that's some neighborhood you've moved to."

Confession time, I didn't see the Bentley in our neighboorhood, but on the interstate. Our "hood" is mostly American iron and a few VW's (oh, and one heck-of-a nice Jeep).