PDA

View Full Version : Another old TVR on the forum!

EricG
12-18-2009, 09:19 AM
I just bought a 1972 TVR 2500 (Vixen body on a M chassis) last weekend from a long time owner who for the last 15 years or so has kept it sitting in his garage and not driving it. It will need much work to get it going again but then the price was right! Are there any other owners near South Carolina? Are there any other older TVR forums out there? Thanks, Eric
PS-the first thing I am going to do is remove those ugly rubber bumpers on the back.....

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum/gallery/50/medium/19474.jpg

aztvr
12-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Congratulations ! Glad to see another car possibly on its way to a restoration !

Your first contact should be Marshal Moore (mrtvr here on these forums http://www.cmw-tvr.com/ ). If he doesn't have what you need, he can probably point you to where you can get it. PM sent.

vagt6
12-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Eric, lovely car. Looks like you got a good project.

Please keep us posted, with plenty of photos!

Good luck, man! :thumbsup:

mrtvr
12-20-2009, 06:54 AM
Eric,
Congrats on your 2500 Hybrid purchase. I should be able to assist you with your needs as you bring the car back to its former glory.
Marshall

vagt6
12-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Eric, Marshall, above, is a leading expert on things TVR and really knows his stuff. He has access to lots of TVR parts, too.

Good guy to know if you're into TVRs! :yesnod:

EricG
12-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the info. TVR's are thin on the ground around here!

mrtvr
12-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Eric,
You need to plan to attend some events with us fellow TVR owners this year, I think you'll be pleased and also learn a lot in the process. You can start with "The Gathering" British Car Show at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC just off I-77 April 16-18. We always have a nice sampling of TVRs on hand at this show.

Then, come to Gold Cup at Virginia International Raceway the first weekend of June for some great vintage racing and a good car show, also with some TVRs included. Then, the 4th annual Griffith/TVR Gathering is held the last weekend of June at Mid-Ohio Raceway and it's an event not to be missed. And of course, there is the TVR Car Club North America's annual event, 'Out of the Woodwork'. This year's event will mark the 30th anniversary of the very first 'Out of the Woodwork' event and will be held at Washington's Crossing Historic Park the last weekend of September, just off I-95 north of Philadelphia. So come on out and join in, we'd b e happy to have you join us at any of these events, as well as many others on the calendar throughout the year.
Marshall

Grantura_MKI
12-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Eric,
That looks like a great start. Love the "Twice Pipes"! Take great care with the rear window during storage.
Cheers,
David.

Kirk_Fisher
02-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Where are you in SC?