PDA

View Full Version : 2500M Vents

ralph_s
11-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Since winter is moving into PA, I thought it would be a nice touch to get heat into my TVR. Looking at the footwells in either side, there are no vents?? The passenger side gets warm as the blower motor and assembly are on that side. The drivers side has nothing. The previous owner put in new carpets and I'm hopeing he just covered them. But before I rip it up, any pix/comments/suggestions would be helpful.
Kinda ironic that a car that runs hot won't make any heat....just part of the "charm" of british cars!!!!!!

TRclassic3
12-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Ralph

Here is a shot of the vent in my passenger footwell. Drivers side has on also.

Ed

ralph_s
12-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Well, that was worth a 1000 words and explains my lack of heat. I did have 2 warm spots on the rugs in that general area. I guess the PO found it easier to just stick some carpet over the vents!! But in his defense, I think I did that same thing while wallpapering the bathroon several years ago. Humm, maybe we do still have a dog!!!!!!!!
Thanks Ed & Merry Christmas.

TRclassic3
12-10-2009, 02:03 PM
It can be very interesting to sort out things that the PO has done when a "new" car is acquired. I'm having fun debugging some wiring issues. Wonder what the PO was thinking in the case where if I plug the 4 way flasher switch in, and then turn the switch on nothing flashes. If I activate a turn signal, I get 4 way flashing, and that with the 4 way switch off. If I unplug the switch the turn signals work correctly. Certainly explains why the PO informed me that 4way didn't work.
when I get around to replacing my carpet I do beleive I'll go ahead and cut holes for the vents :yesnod: Live wild and crazy I say.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.