PDA

View Full Version : What is that brown blob???

Legal Bill
11-24-2009, 09:15 AM
...under the checkered flag on the masthead of this site? Is it the outline of a race track? A puddle of oil left by a leaky rear main seal?

GregW
11-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi Bill,
That is a silhouette of a motorcycle rider. His helmet is in the upper right and the tire is lower left.

Legal Bill
11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks, Greg. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but that is a terrible graphic.

Basil
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Bill,
That is a silhouette of a motorcycle rider. His helmet is in the upper right and the tire is lower left.

Dang Greg! Even I never knew what that was! Thanks! Now that you said it, I can see it! I thought it was just supposed to be a sheep of glass over the graphic that was broken (see the "shards"?). That graphic is one that I found in a web site software package I have that I just modified (I replaced some Asian car with the Spitfire and added the "British Car Forum."
That "brown blob" is something that has always bothered me, but at least now I know what it is! LOL One of these days I'll try to come up with a better graphic.

And Bill - At the bottom of the site there is a drop-down where you can select different "styles" and hence different graphics. You can also select different styles from your "My Preferences" under "My Stuff."

Basil

GregW
11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
And here I thought you always knew. Since there is the Brit bike forum it just made sense to me.
Here is a shot from another forum I lurk on.

Legal Bill
11-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Hi Bill,

Dang Greg! Even I never knew what that was! Thanks! ...
Basil

:lol: Thanks Basil. Now I don't feel so bad. I'm embarassed to say how much time I've wasted staring at that blob and wondering what it is.

Basil
11-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi Bill,

Dang Greg! Even I never knew what that was! Thanks! ...
Basil

:lol: Thanks Basil. Now I don't feel so bad. I'm embarassed to say how much time I've wasted staring at that blob and wondering what it is.

Ha ha! Me too! I thought it was some sick Rorschach test!

eddyramrod
11-25-2009, 01:37 PM
I figured it out within a couple of minutes... not wishing to show off! But, if the Spitty is an addition, then maybe something could be placed over the blob? Even a better pic of a bike in action?