PDA

View Full Version : Local race car

Sherlock
09-02-2004, 07:43 PM
I was talking with a friend recently and he told me about a race car he saw recently.

A local person has built what has been described to me as Formula Ford style race car with a Rover V8 engine providing the power, that's all I know about it. From what I gather the guy who built it is very secretive about it, although I was told he is a member of our local Vintage Racing Club.

Anyone heard of similar race cars being built? I'd like to see it sometime if I get the opportunity. My friend was only there on an errand when he saw it.

PC
09-02-2004, 08:38 PM
By definition Formula Fords have very particular specification 4-cyl Ford engines. That little distinction aside, all formula cars of certain eras generally look somewhat alike. Sometimes formulae are similar enough that a given chassis can be used in more than one class when you change engines or whatever.

The R/BOP V8 has been around for quite a while and has certainly been raced in many classes including formula classes.

I think the big questions remain what chassis is it, what class specification was it built for and in what class specification does he intend to drive it?

PC.