PDA

View Full Version : BIG Show

ralph_s
07-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Attended the British Invade Gettysburg car show today. The weather was great and the venue was even better. The TVR marque was represented by 2 2500M's and we even managed to park them together. Estimated there were 200+ cars attending w/ an excellent variety. Ed Oot and his wife brought their new "toy" a yellow 1977 2500M that is in excellent condition. We both received many comments and looks and managed to do some education regarding TVR's. It was a great way to spend a summer Sunday.

pakiwi
07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Ralph,
What time did you leave. I ended up getting their around 11:30 and was parked on the very end near the entrance. I guess I need some education on TVR's cuz I may have walked past them. It was a very nice day's drive and it was good to meet a Triumph TR4 owner that let my daughter get photo's in there car and a long discussion about New Zealand where I am from. It seemed like a very good turnout including a Reliant Robin.
Hope you enjoyed your day. We will catch up sometime.
Allan

ralph_s
07-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Arrrrr, can't believe I missed you. Got there about 9:15 and took several trips around looking for you. Left the show about 1:30.
It was a great day and a very nice ride ~ 60 mi from E-town. I'm sure we'll catch up at the next show. Watch the SVVCC site for the next covered bridge tour or let me know if you want to go to a LancoMG meeting.

pakiwi
07-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Ralph Yes I would be interested in both. Also, when is the next LancoMG meeting.
My schedule changed at the last moment for today and I ended up having to do some work. I am going to take a look for the SVVCC site as I am not familiar with that.
Have a great week.
Allan

ralph_s
07-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Allan,
I'll update you w/ a PM on the Lanco dates.
Ralph

Twosheds
07-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Estimated there were 200+ cars attending w/ an excellent variety. Ed Oot and his wife brought their new "toy" a yellow 1977 2500M that is in excellent condition. We both received many comments and looks and managed to do some education regarding TVR's. It was a great way to spend a summer Sunday.

I heard that 275 cars attended. It was good to meet you.

Great ride home with the Oots following me through Catoctin Mountain Park.

ralph_s
07-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Now who follow who......their TVR looked pretty fast!!!!

Twosheds
07-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Now who follow who......their TVR looked pretty fast!!!!

Ah, but I knew the route!