PDA

View Full Version : Watsonville Speedway

Bugeye58
07-19-2004, 03:25 PM
Tracy, now that NARC has folded up, is there any group still running Sprints and Midgets at Watsonville?
I used to love NARC Speedweek, when they did seven races at seven different tracks. It was fun chasing around to the various tracks in the Sprite.

Jeff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

aeronca65t
07-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Ohhhhh Kaaaay......?

(Earth to Jeff......I think you're mixing up "Midgets" with "midgets"......this happens as we get older) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bugeye58
07-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Nial, I used to spend a month in Ca. every summer, and the Northern Auto Racing Club (NARC) ran their big week long event every year when I was there. Midgets, (as in USAC midgets), and winged 360 and 410 Sprints. Always a good show. But, now NARC is no more, and I was just curious as to what was running at Watsonville these days.
I haven't quite tottered over the edge yet. Perhaps close, but not yet over!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif
Jeff

waltesefalcon
07-20-2004, 02:34 AM
If Jeff meant "midgets" instead of "Midgets" wouldn't he have said "midget sprints" instead of "Sprints and Midgets?" I have to admit it might be an entertaining race though. I can imagine the anouncer saying, "and around turn four its the number 7 midget he seems a little winded but is still running strong, followed but the number 2 and the number 9, who is gaining ground.