PDA

View Full Version : Princess

Nate
06-27-2004, 10:12 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gifHi! new member to the forum. Any of you guys got an austin princess?

Sherlock
06-27-2004, 11:06 AM
What kind of Princess?

A) the limo
B) the Farina 3 Litre
C) the Farina 4 Litre R
D) the 1100/1300 Princess
E) the 1970's wedge Princess (looks like you're from England)

One word, so many meanings... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyway don't have one but some good friends of mine in Ontario have a nice LHD Princess 3 Litre, as sold new in Canada.

And while we're on this topic... Anyone want a Princess 4 Litre R? There's one for sale near Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, never seen it but I know it's a driver.

BOXoROCKS
06-27-2004, 12:17 PM
The 3 litre princess are not called austins, they are called Princess 3 litre Mk1, Mk11, Van den Plas. Sorry just being picky

Nate
06-28-2004, 01:04 PM
i meant the 18-22 series wedge! I was bidding on one on ebay, but didn't win the auction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif
i'm still looking for one though, so if there's anyone who knows of one that going cheap in the yorkshire are please let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
the other project i've got going at the moment is a 1989 f reg maestro van, that's going to get a 1.8 golf gti engine on webber 44s transplanted into it over the summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catfood
06-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Used to own the one shown in the link. Thats me 18 years ago with the Jolly Green Giant. It was my first car, I could just about fit all my worldly goods in it when I went to university. I would regularly push it to its limit (it didn't take much doing, it was only 1700cc) around the country lanes of Hampshire, Bat Out of **** blaring out of the crappy stereo, while on the way to visit my girlfried (now wife). It certainly wasn't exactly a babe magnet but its all a poor student could afford.

The Jolly Green Giant (aka the Vomit Comet)... (http://www.zen12556.zen.co.uk/princess.jpg)

Sherlock
06-29-2004, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nate said: i meant the 18-22 series wedge! I was bidding on one on ebay, but didn't win the auction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif

i'm still looking for one though, so if there's anyone who knows of one that going cheap in the yorkshire are please let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did see one this past September in Toronto (Canada) of all places, it was the short-lived 1975 Wolseley version of the wedge complete with right-hand-drive, obviously a private import by someone, there was a for sale sign in the window... have the phone number.

And as a second thought, I know that the Princess wedge models aren't generally well-loved as much as other British cars but I would think there's likely a club for them over in your part of the world that might help point you in the right direction.

Super 7
07-04-2004, 01:50 PM
I really really like the 1100/1300 Princess, except for no stick shift and RHD only.

Of course I like the Austin America too, except that so many have rusted away or been raided to put big engines in Mini's there are not many decent ones around.