PDA

View Full Version : La Mans

hottvr
06-13-2004, 08:51 PM
Wasn't sure what heading to put this under, but did anyone watch La Mans. I didn't see the end but a lot of the first 12 hours. How about that crazy looking Morgan and the 2 TVR's.
Rick Hansen

Bugeye58
06-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Yup, I watched every minute of LeMans that was televised, and finished up with the Canadian Grand Prix. Now I think it's time for some rest!
Jeff

aerog
06-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Yup - the Morgan and TVR teams were at Sebring this year, and Morgan was at LeMans last year (albeit off and on, although they technically finished).

Great weekend - watched LeMans until it went off last night then switched to Radio LeMans on the internet all night long (Speed had video with Radio LeMans audio overnight too), dozed, listened, dozed, listened then got up at 0430 and watched it to the end - caught a short nap then watched F1.

YAWN!

Sherlock
06-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Totally forgot about it, also don't have Speed Vision anyway so probably couldn't have watched it. I generally don't follow auto racing much anyway. Did spend part of the afternoon watching the last round of the PGA golf tournament, Sergio Garcia took the win over Rory Sabbatini on the third playoff hole, great finish! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I much prefer closed-wheel racing to open-wheel racing, so may have had some interest in watching LeMans.

ThomP
06-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Three cheers for Speed Channel. I wish I could go to Monaco, LeMans or Indy in person. It's fantastic they telecast those races among all the Nasty car stuff!

Great race with the overall winner taking first by less than 30 seconds after 24 hours. And that GTS battle: Ferarri, Corvette; it all came down to attrition. For those vetts to take all that abuse and win is simply amazing. I'm not much of a GM fan, but if they keep that up, I'll have to change my oninion!!