PDA

View Full Version : what do I need to do

walshja
08-28-2008, 04:04 PM
to receive an e-mail notice when someone responds to a post that I create?

I receive notification on other forums, but can't seem to figure out how to do it here.

I have tried adding a post to my watch list, but still no e-mail

any help is appreciated, thanks

joe

Mickey Richaud
08-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi, Joe -

Hit the "My Stuff" button, and you'll see "My Preferences". Go there, and you'll see:

By default should anything added to your Watch Lists be emailed to you?
Yes No

You'll have to add whatever list you want to the "Watch List", but that should do what you're looking for.

Basil
08-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Also, if you look near the top of this forum you will see a topic called [video] Tutorial on Watched Topics. That should help.

walshja
09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
thanks for the feedback

I made the changes you suggested, and I only need someone to reply to this post, to see if it works !!!

joe

NutmegCT
09-02-2008, 10:54 AM
so ... does it work? get an email on this one?

:smile:

Tom

walshja
09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
hey Tom, no e-mail !!

but I did get an e-mail on another post I had flagged in my watch list . . .

I see you are from CT, there any shows you can refer me to? I am on the shoreline.

joe

Magyar
11-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Also, if you look near the top of this forum you will see a topic called [video] Tutorial on Watched Topics. That should help.

Hello Basil, I'm an "Old" Newbee just learning my way around your excellant BCF ciberland. I've not gotten to the introduction section yet, but I am trying to read through some of this to learn how to navigate properly. I tried the videos (3) and they all read "Sorry this video is no longer available" or something to that nature. (When I said "Old" earlier, that also refers to age as well, and my memory is in the same condition as my Healeys. Back to my original comment, am I doing something wrong or are the videos realy not available?

Thanks, Maygar

Magyar
11-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Hello Basil, I'm an "Old" Newbee just learning my way around your excellant BCF ciberland. I've not gotten to the introduction section yet, but I am trying to read through some of this to learn how to navigate properly. I tried the videos (3) and they all read "Sorry this video is no longer available" or something to that nature. (When I said "Old" earlier, that also refers to age as well, and my memory is in the same condition as my Healeys. Back to my original comment, am I doing something wrong or are the videos realy not available?

Thanks, Magyar