PDA

View Full Version : Watch lists

NutmegCT
08-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Top o' the morning all.

My Watched topics number in the hundreds. Hundreds of members, gazillions of watched topics for the forum databases to track.

Does this in any way "stress" the forum software?

Is there any way I can delete all my Watched topics at once, rather than having to check each and every post individually in my Watched list? That's a *lot* of clicks!

Thanks.
Tom
PS - been trying to post this for over an hour. My 'net service has been going on and off every five minutes. Not DNS - it's the total connection over Charter Pipeline. argh

Basil
08-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Top o' the morning all.

My Watched topics number in the hundreds. Hundreds of members, gazillions of watched topics for the forum databases to track.

Does this in any way "stress" the forum software?

Is there any way I can delete all my Watched topics at once, rather than having to check each and every post individually in my Watched list? That's a *lot* of clicks!

Thanks.
Tom
PS - been trying to post this for over an hour. My 'net service has been going on and off every five minutes. Not DNS - it's the total connection over Charter Pipeline. argh

It doesn't really stress the database much. When you look at your watch lists is just does a simple query. On the other question, you there is currently no way that I know of to delete all from watched lists, but there should be at least a "check all" button so you can check all the topics on a page with one click then delete them. I'll recommend that to the developer.

Basil