PDA

View Full Version : Jensen Interceptor Owners?

BACLVBob
05-26-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm just wondering if there are any other Jensen Interceptor owners out there - or am I the only one?

BACLVBob
05-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Wowsers..... what a staggering resonse, I guess I am the only maniac amongst us who finds the 'Butt Ugly Car' (my wifes words, not mine) that drinks gas like its going out of fashion, attractive! So I guess I'll just head on out to the garage and see if I can get this butt ugly beast with a/c, leather 'lazy boy' seats and power everything, to run without overheating in this cool climate I live in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

Sherlock
05-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Seems to me there are more Jensen Healey owners around here in BCF than owners of Interceptor's, I don't recall seeing any pictures of one in Members Rides (BTW Basil - how soon till that's back?). From what I've observed anecdotally here in Canada - and the United States I presume - the Healey models seem to be as common as the Interceptor out there in British car land and overall both are relatively uncommon having said that.

Anyway... you can be a trailblazer.

Steve
05-28-2004, 11:29 PM
As much as I would normally hate to disagree with a lady, I have to say that the Jensen Interceptor isn't an ugly car, I rather like it. I have a Corgi model of the car, so does that qualify me as an owner? ..........I thought not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif

78Z
05-28-2004, 11:46 PM
The Interceptor is one of my favorite cars but ownership isn't in the cards right now. Some day though!

BACLVBob
05-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Oh great, the wife saw your responses and wants me to ask you if you want to buy it! ( Just say no!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Graham
05-30-2004, 11:59 AM
I see about 3 Interceptors on a semi regular basis. Owning one , only in my dreams. I drove a few when they were near new, and they were a great drive then, and I bet they havn't changed.

Oh well, I'l just have to go on dreamin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bruce Bowker
06-06-2004, 12:26 PM
I think they are really good looking. There is one on eBay at the moment at a good price but will need work. I would buy it if I could but

A) no room

B) If I do - no wife - hmmmm?

BACLVBob
06-07-2004, 10:06 PM
After 3 yrs of driving from Las Vegas NV to Temecula CA in the Healey (apparently its for a British car show - but I can't seem to get past the wineries), with the sun beating down as we cross Death Valley, the wife finally saw the benefits to owning a Jensen Interceptor (aka Butt Ugly Car - her words). Once she knew it had A/C and Lazy Boy seats, it was just a matter of time before we had one in the garage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif