PDA

View Full Version : Pictures - British Motorcar day, Baselton, GA

Basil
05-20-2002, 10:43 AM
I found this link posted in another forum of pictures taken at "British Motorcar Day, Braselton, GA" on 18 May 02. Some really great pictures here:

http://gtf.org/beaker/pictures/cars/02.british.car.show/

aerog
05-21-2002, 11:52 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Basil:
I found this link posted in another forum of pictures taken at "British Motorcar Day, Braselton, GA" on 18 May 02. Some really great pictures here:

<hr></blockquote>

Thanks for the link Bas... I had every intention of going up there this year (except for work, which is uncontrollable). I ended up taking the weekend off, and most of Friday anyway because of the rain. We got 3-inches of rain in areas on Sunday, which would have made for a very wet weekend of driving the MG on a 450-mile trip.

Maybe next year images/icons/smile.gif

Basil
05-22-2002, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aerog:

&lt;snip&gt; We got 3-inches of rain in areas on Sunday, which would have made for a very wet weekend of driving the MG on a 450-mile trip.

Maybe next year images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Whats rain?
We haven't seen a decent rain in New Mexico yet this year graemlins/cryin.gif

aerog
05-22-2002, 06:15 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Basil:

Whats rain?
We haven't seen a decent rain in New Mexico yet this year graemlins/cryin.gif <hr></blockquote>

You and me both - we've had spotty rains here and there, but for the past couple of months we've had nearly nothing. Of course that all changed the weekend of that show and some places got up to 3". Since then we've had nothing but high winds and cool dry air, setting up a nice pattern for fires I'm afraid.

aeronca65t
05-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Even thought it's rained "cats and dogs" here recently, our resivour is still low.....so, we're not allowed to wash cars, water lawns, etc. My cars are filthy right now. My friends in PA tell me they have "odd" and "even" weeks for car washing (based on street address).

Good pictures....no Brit shows coming up around here but the "cruise nights" (at McDonalds, etc.) are 4 or 5 per week.