PDA

View Full Version : Pictures: AACA Volusia Car Show

aerog
04-27-2002, 08:45 PM
Today was the 26th annual Volusia Region AACA Car Show held at the New Smyrna Beach Airport (south of Daytona Beach).

Large variety of antique American cars, a few other foreign cars, and a handful of British Cars.

Click here for the picture gallery (http://1903.dns2go.com/nsb0402/)- I put the British products up front!

aeronca65t
04-29-2002, 12:46 PM
Nice ! I like the "virtual tour" (at least, on the T1 line at work......it'd probably kill my phone modem at home). I'm really getting to like the mixed shows (with American iron, hot rods, Brit stuff, etc.).

Never saw a Crosley Skorpion before....kinda neat in a funky kind of way. I'll assume that the little red car on page 7 is also a Crosley.

I'll be at our first show here next week (Britfest/May 4) but sadly sans a real Brit car (Miata). Still looking forward to it just the same.....and I'm bring some cash for the flea market (just in case).

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: aeronca65t ]</p>

aerog
04-29-2002, 09:14 PM
Thanks... I've been tinkering with those 360 pictures before but now I think I have it down pretty well. In high-resolution that picture's a lot more fun.

I think we're pretty much tapped out as far as car shows are concerned - for awhile anyway. I'm going to try to make one in Georgia next month (doubtful I'll make it).

Work got in the way of a big brit-car meet and sun-n-fun this year. Work took me to the USAF Museum in Daytona Ohio though ( http://1903.dns2go.com/usafmweb/ ) which made it a little more bearable images/icons/smile.gif

aeronca65t
05-03-2002, 02:12 PM
I've *got* to get out to the USAF museum in Dayton (and I'd like to make the AMA bike museum on the same trip. Plus the Aeronca Owners group has a big meet coming up in Ohio)..........so many things to do! So little time! (Sun-and-Fun is too far for me, but's that's another thing I'd like to do).
The hanging plane on page 4 (#243e) is an an Aeronca L-3....looks just like mine except for colors. We have another L-3 locally that exactly like that, except that it has the obligitory invasion stripes. Yup, I've got to get out and visit some of these places! images/icons/cool.gif

aerog
05-03-2002, 11:31 PM
I'd been trying to get to Dayton for ages and just happened to have a bunch of photo missions in Indiana - the it snowed and, well, I had to do something images/icons/smile.gif Always seems to happen that way. Last year was the MG Club convention at Silverstone (I based out of Silverstone, what luck - and planning images/icons/wink.gif )

I also managed to get to Muncie to the AMA (different one, the Acadamy of Model Aeronautics) museum.

I noticed the Aeronca. They have quite a selection of recon/liason aircraft there. I'm a WW1 buff - I found their selection of WW1 and pre-WW1 era aircraft to be absolutely outstanding, quite a treat.