PDA

View Full Version : My British bike

drooartz
03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
The deal is done (mostly). Down payment made, loan procured, check in hand. I'll be finalizing everything on Friday, and hopefully riding it home. They're fixing the fork seals (leaking a bit), so it may be a little while. It's snowing right now, so that's not a big deal.

The bike is a 2007 Black, 3300 miles or so. It was a dealer demo/loaner. They've done all the servicing. Bike looks pretty much like new, just a few scuffs here and there. Fair price, well below what I could get a new one for, and only about 45 minutes from my house.

This is the best picture I've got, from my cell phone today. I'll have more once it's home. I'm really excited! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

http://www.drooartz.com/public/drewbonnie.jpg

tony barnhill
03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
WOO HOO!! I'm jealous!

drooartz
03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
It's a lot of years coming, Tony (7-8, I think). I got the big I-told-you-so from my wife, and I deserved it. It's the bike I've been wanting all along, and now I'll have one.

Color is my second choice, but the black does look very nice. I can always paint the tank and fenders anyways, for very little money (I'd guess less than $500 for all 3). Opens up all sorts of color options in the future if I so desire.

SilentUnicorn
03-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Congrats!! Very nice

mark

drooartz
03-07-2008, 08:12 AM
All paperwork is done, and I've got manual and keys in hand. No bike yet, though. They noticed the fork seals were leaking, so they're replacing them -- parts on order of course. Will be a week or two more. Supposed to snow again tomorrow, so no big deal.

Also discovered that I'll get the full 2 year unlimited mileage warranty since this was a dealer demo bike, and never registered. A nice little extra.

Now I just need the bike! :smile:

aeronca65t
03-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Wow!

Very, very cool.

*Major* jealousy at my end.

Congrats! I'm sure you'll have a ball with it.

vagt6
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Buying demo cars/bikes is the way to go. Let the dealer pay for some of the "drive off" depreciation!

You're gonna love that bike.

And, don't forget to wear your safety gear!

drooartz
03-07-2008, 01:51 PM
It'll be good to be riding again -- sold my previous bike a year ago, and have missed it ever since. I survived by borrowing one of my father-in-law's BMW bikes (I've got great in-laws, can't you tell?) but that was only good for a few stretches.

Funny how these bikes get under your skin. I don't expect that I'll be without a bike again.

Basil
03-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Very nice! There is a Triumph dealer I pass every day on my way home from work - Every now and again I stop in and sit on the America's and the Rockets and play Walter Mitty!

drooartz
03-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Well I've got all my paper work now, including the plates -- but still no bike :frown:

They're waiting on a part still. Hopefully I'll have it by next weekend.

drooartz
03-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Tuesday's the day! Got the call on Saturday that the bike was ready, and the plates are in. Weather's supposed to be improving this week, so I'll be getting a lift to the dealer and riding it home.

Woohoo!