PDA

View Full Version : workshop manuals

Hotdoc
03-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for minis.I don't mean Haynes which is pretty sketchy. I'm looking for the 'original' BMC/Leyland and have not been able to find any. We're in the midst of a 'ground up' on a '79 1000 with the substitution of a 1310 Cooper S engine. We're OK with the engine which came off our old race car but need help with all the rest. We'd also appreciate advice on brake/suspension mods to cope with the increased power
Thanks
Hotdoc

Sherlock
03-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Have you ever checked out Mr. Mini down in Stoney Creek, near Hamilton? www.mrmini.com (http://www.mrmini.com)

Mini owners I know in southern Ontario speak highly of this shop. They usually have an open house day on a Saturday sometime in April, not sure what date this year's is, check with the above website.

You should also try to make it down to the Ancaster British Car Flea Market (also near Hamilton) on April 18th, full details in the BCF Events Calendar plus a recent in the Local Events Forum. Any questions, feel free to contact me off-line.

Xracer
03-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Here you go:

http://www.minimania.com/web/STSearch/BOOKS/SUBTYPE/SearchText/ShowIcons/Yes/ItemPropParents/BOOKS/CarSearch/MINI/Search_Inventory.cfm

You should be able to find what you need there.

Hotdoc
03-26-2004, 05:52 PM
thanks guys
I know Mr mini and will be talking to him. Mini mania lists a 59-78 manual. Should be OK. We have a '79 which should be the same.The engine is non standard but I know it well and it should fit(1310 11+/1 compression/ limited slip /close ratio box).
Hotdoc

ThomP
03-26-2004, 08:11 PM
I just googled akd1181; the shop manual for the Mini Minor and Mini S and I wasn't happy with the results: "nothing". AKD1181 is the part number of the factory shop manual. The machanical part manual number is AKD3509. There are multiple of sources selling that one. AKD3510 is the S bosy manual. The regular saloon manual is AKD3502.

Hope those numbers help in your search

zanzibar
04-03-2004, 08:13 AM
Keep an eye on eBay. I got mine for $4.25 USD plus $3.85 shipping. It's in great condition. There are several active auctions right now, but all appear to be in the UK.

Good luck.

[ 04-03-2004: Message edited by: zanzibar ]</p>