PDA

View Full Version : New Mini (Bini)

John Milsap
01-08-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm glad to see that there is a forum here. I usually go the the mini2.com website.

My real british car is a 1960 MGA. About 18 months or so ago, I bought a great Red/White Cooper S.

It is a real go kart. I sold my Jaguar S Type and now the Mini is my daily driver.

It is probably the most fun I have had with a car. The superchared motor and six speed gearbox make it a pleasure to drive.

I look forward to crusing around this forum as well as the MG.

See ya on the road...

t8nwa
01-09-2004, 03:12 AM
Welcome!

Nice choice.

I have also have a CR/W MCS. images/icons/grin.gif

Alan

Dale
01-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Hi all! Jumping in here to ask a dumb. Where is the new Mini made? Have admired the new one since it came out and my wife and daughter are jazzed about them since I got them a slot car race set for Christmas that has 2 of the new minis.
P.S. Do they still have the Washington State Fair in Puyallup?

Old and In the Way
01-24-2004, 08:38 PM
From what I've read, the cars are assembled in the UK, but the engines are made in Brazil. Don't know about the supercharger and trans, though. British Car panned the S, although I drove a standard version and it was pretty quick. Doesn't work for a family 'cause the back seat is really just a padded package shelf.

Super 7
01-25-2004, 02:51 PM
For as much as I've read, nobody else did.

Peter Egan did say he thought the std. version might be a little more fun in the curves.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> British Car panned the S, .[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

t8nwa
01-27-2004, 02:47 AM
Dale - yes the fair is still here and bigger than ever.

As far as my S, 22K miles and I still have a smile. Absolutely a blast to drive.

Made in Oxford, England. images/icons/smile.gif As with evrything now, components from all over the world.

Alan