10-01-2003, 10:28 PM
Hi all
I have obtained a Min that is a bit different
The differance??
it is an Australian assembled
The differance?
well!!
it comes with some Coper bits as standard
guard flares,brakes drums with built in spacers,rolosite wheels,998ccmotor,s diatrubitor, & is built on an early mk1 body shell,
When one is lucky enougfh to get something like this & in origional paint(no major damage)& all that is required to get the thing road worthy in this country(New Zealand)was to o/haull the brakes, rebuish the suspension,clean it up,fit a Honda Distrubitor.
I feel that life is good!!
Have a good one
Tony A
ps it is in my garage with our TR7 DHC
&&&&
summer is just about upon us so I will be a little spoilt as to whay to drive where
YES YES YES YES graemlins/angel.gif

aeronca65t
10-01-2003, 11:53 PM
...and just as our Summer ends, your's begins. Enjoy your new car!

Xracer
10-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Tony...do you have a part number or a model & year for that Honda distributor?

One of our club members has an Aussie Mini and can't find parts for the Australian Lucas distributor here in the U.S. If he can find a Honda that works, he may want to switch.

aeronca65t
10-06-2003, 11:21 AM
Here's one source of Asian distributor conversions:

http://members.tripod.com/~mini_digest/dizzy.htm

Xracer
10-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks Aeronca....I should've thought to ask Marcel. He's the guy that built my Mini, "Dudley DoRight".

In July '99 my wife & I drove up to his place in Edmonton, picked up the car and I drove it back to the Twin Cities of Mini-Sota.....hottest, most boring trip I've ever driven. Temps 90+ every day...flat, boring, endless prairies....had to run the heater every time we drove thru a town....and my wife following in the Suburau wagon with air conditioning and power everything. Fun! Fun! Fun! images/icons/grin.gif