PDA

View Full Version : New Member

huck6
03-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Hi all. I am not yet a mini owner, but I am a fan. I have liked them since I tooled around in one in England back in the eighties.

We live in Flagstaff, AZ, but will soon trade sandstone canyons and snow for concrete canyons and snow (moving to Dayton OH).

I'm hoping to get into a MKII in a year or so. Since I'm a newbie, please forgive all the questions.

zanzibar
03-01-2003, 07:49 PM
Welcome!

Good luck in your search. MKII's are a bit tough to come by. Their production was fairly short. An alternative is an Australian car. They kept the external hinges throughout their production, and instead of the sliding windows that many people find difficult to live with, they have roll-up windows. Some (maybe all) have wind-wings (you know, the little windows that swivel out to redirect the wind out of your face).

Another good source of Mini info is theMini Mania Message Board (http://www.minimania.com/msgthreads.cfm)

huck6
03-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Thanks zanzibar. Is that the "Leyland"? I have also seen some NZ mini's with the external door hinges. I just like the look. I could also enjoy an MK1, but I imagine that they are also hard to come by.