PDA

View Full Version : Saw my first new mini on the road this week! WOW! Winner!

JBsC5
03-30-2002, 07:23 PM
I was cruising in the Vette this past week when I spotted one of the coolest new cars to hit the streets..

A silver mini with a black top..

this car was soooo cool...its truly going to be the hit of the year.

The supercharged version should have the performance that is top notch today.

Congratulations to BMW for pulling this off.

This is what the streets of america needs.. graemlins/cheers.gif

Wingtip
05-02-2002, 11:12 PM
I recenlty saw one on display and I like it, but it seems a LOT bigger than a "real" Mini. Still a cool looking little cruser.

George

JBsC5
05-02-2002, 11:30 PM
I love that little car..wish I had room for a fourth car..but since I just got a new ZO6..I don't think the wife would go for the supercharged mini...lol

I tried to get her into the whole mini rage but she just looked at me ...like I had three heads..

That is one beautiful classic and elegant design.

BMW just had a show outside one of the hippest clubs in manhattan on the upper east side..with constant public viewing of the minis..for a week or so..

Everyone loved the minis..quite the smash hit.

fido
05-03-2002, 11:42 PM
I lovethe new Mini! If I had Basil's kind of money I'd buy one! Ahhh - to be that rich! images/icons/wink.gif

JBsC5
05-04-2002, 12:02 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fido:
I lovethe new Mini! If I had Basil's kind of money I'd buy one! Ahhh - to be that rich! images/icons/wink.gif <hr></blockquote>
AHHH! We can't all be that wealthy but at 20 grand..even we can afford this supercharged maniac of a mini!

So far on the road..I like silver the best!

Whats your favorite color..?

Bill J
05-04-2002, 01:56 PM
The local (Sacramento) Mini dealer had a light blue/white, dark blue/white, black/white, and yellow/black cars when I was there last week. From the colors I've seen in person the dark blue is gorgeous, the black looks good as does the light blue, and the yellow looked bad. In the brochure the silver looks like it would be quite pretty also but I haven't seen one that color yet in peson. As for size, they're bigger than the old Mini's but at 12' or so they're about the same size as my GT6's, certainly not a large car compared to say a Golf or a Focus.

aeronca65t
05-06-2002, 04:09 PM
I posted this photo in the MG forum ("on the road again") but it's probably better here. This is me and fellow-BritishCarForum-member "XJSPILOT" at Britfest (NJ) on May 4 in front of a new Mini. There was actually two new Minis there......and the other one (a blue "S")was a dealer promo vehicle so we got to sit in it. I thought it was pretty roomy. Price seems about par for "performance imports". I liked it.

http://www.ccm.edu/engtech/aeronca-xjs.jpg

Mike998
05-06-2002, 10:33 PM
Cool looking car I have to admit,but I'm sick of all the companies doing retro styling jobs.Just leave the great names in the past.

The new Mini to me has missed the point and is a misery to behold. graemlins/hammer.gif

78Z
05-07-2002, 03:05 AM
They look very nice but far too pricey (even before the dealer markup)

t-waller
05-08-2002, 11:48 PM
if anybody lives in the dallas/ft.worth area, there is currently a new mini sitting at the new frank parra dodge dealership on hwy 121, and 114.
its dark blue w/ white top...
check it out!