PDA

View Full Version : Would you sell an Austin Healey for the MINI

Dave Dunbar
12-18-2001, 02:43 PM
My wife and I have owned our Bugeye for about 6 years. I love the car dearly, however, she is a garage queen. We drove her all of about 200 miles this year.
Personally, I enjoy driving. Heck, we bought our Miata so I could suplement the Bugeye with a car I could take on long trips.
I find myself in love with the new MINI. I am even on the waitng list here in town. Would you guys sell a '59 Bugeye and get the new MINI? I figure I can get about $7,500 for the Bugeye.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Dave Dunbar ]</p>

aeronca65t
12-19-2001, 01:21 PM
If I had to choose between my Spridget and my Miata (and I hope I never have to), I'd sell the Miata in a minute (and I really love my Miata!)
It's really a "Devil's Choice".....don't you have a boat or something else you could sell instead? images/icons/wink.gif

JW
12-20-2001, 01:17 AM
I say if you want a new Mini. Buy it! That is if you are willing to take a loss in value of around 50% of the new purchase price over the next 5-10 years. Mean while the the Sprite will probably double in value. Honestly I would would advise you to keep the Sprite for now. Watch the used car market on the new Mini. If you still want one in in 5-10 years, you will probably be able to get one for the same price as you will be able to sell your Sprite for. graemlins/cheers.gif JW

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: JW ]</p>

JBsC5
12-22-2001, 12:38 PM
When your in love..logic has no place.

I saw the new mini..I think its cool as ****.

I would drive one and then decide.

200 miles a year is not what a car is about..JMO..

Either use it or lose it..

Good luck in whatever you decide..

aerog
12-22-2001, 08:34 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave Dunbar:
[QB]Would you guys sell a '59 Bugeye and get the new MINI? I figure I can get about $7,500 for the Bugeye.
QB]<hr></blockquote>

Nope, not a chance images/icons/smile.gif

William
12-26-2001, 08:15 PM
Keep the Bugeye, get rid of the Miata (this from a Miata owner, at that.)
Just charge that two cents, landlord! graemlins/thirsty.gif
-William

Dave Dunbar
12-27-2001, 10:48 AM
I keep wondering how much the value of the Bugeye would increase. In the 6 years I have had it, the value has not really gone up that much. We paid $4,900. In that time I have put in a new carpet set, recovered the seats, polished the aluminum interior trim, dressed up the engine, and added a set of Minilites. I figue I have about $7,000 in it. Most folks say I could sell it for that.
I cannot sell the Miata as I love it too much and drive it fairly frequetly...it is the perfect weekend getaway car.
I will drive the new MINI when the dealer calls...if I love it and can talk the wife into it, I will probably buy. But I am still on the fence with the Bugeye.
Anyhow...thanks to all for the feedback. graemlins/cheers.gif !

MIN13K
01-13-2002, 01:39 AM
Mate keep the bugeye and the miata forget the mini if you want real driveing pleasure get a REAL mini (Austin Morris Leyland Rover) not a BMW they are over sized and over prised the mini is supoused to be about buget motoring and scaring the **** outa ppl on the winding back rds .... graemlins/pukeface.gif thats what the new mini dose for me ...... oh yeah i was at a mini show about 3 to 4 months ago i said to the BMW sales man what is the feature on this car that makes it look like a mini he said look at the front i looked nope don't look like a mini to me so i took him to look at a 66 mini cooper s i said to him look at this tell me what makes it look like a BMW he said nothing ...... point images/icons/smile.gif