PDA

View Full Version : Aesop's Fables (not)

Steve
08-21-2003, 10:32 AM
A little story here with three morals to it.

A little migratory bird that had forgotten to fly south for the winter sat shivering on a branch in a tree somewhere in Wisconsin. Eventually, he got so cold that he fell from the tree and lay on the ground, dying from hypothermia.

Eventually a cow wandered by, and did an enormous dollop, right on top of the little bird. The warmth from this pile revived the little bird, and he threw his head back and started to sing, filled with resolve to start flying south.

However, a cat was nearby, and upon hearing the birdsong crept up and dug the bird out of the cow pie and ate him.

The first moral of this story is, "He who poops on you is not necessarily your enemy."

The second is, "He who gets you out of the poop is not necessarily your friend."

And the third and most important moral is, "If you are in the poop and you are still happy, for goodness' sake keep your mouth shut!"

[ 08-21-2003: Message edited by: Steve ]</p>

aeronca65t
08-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Good one......I've heard it before, but not using the word "poop"!

tony barnhill
08-21-2003, 10:53 AM
"Poop" spelled backwards is still "poop"!

Steve
08-21-2003, 12:30 PM
Ah, but Basil's naughty-word catching program would have thrown a fit had I used any other word(s). I noticed that it edits even harmless words if they contain other words which may be considered rude. As in ****hest....have to use furthest instead. images/icons/grin.gif

tony barnhill
08-21-2003, 12:36 PM
I've wondered about why it blocked "F A R T H" then figured out it was blocking "F A R T"!

tony barnhill
heheheheheheheh....got past that one!

Ed Wynne
My email program at work is the same way, "Big Brother" really makes comms with vendors hard when it blocks "Pipe N!pple". We even had to come up with the euphenism of "Motor Termination Box" to describe the small place on an electrical motor where the wires enter.

Ed