PDA

View Full Version : Poor Old Tony...

Henri
08-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Poor Old Tony (Just a concidence)

Jenny's husband, Tony, was a male chauvinist. Even though they both worked full-time, he never helped around the house. Housework was woman's work! But one evening Jenny arrived home from work to find the children bathed, one load of clothes in the washer and another in the dryer,dinner on the stove and the table set. She was astonished. Something's up!! It turned out that Tony had read an article that said wives who worked full-time and had to do their own housework were too tired to have sex. The night went well and the next day she told her office friends all about it. "We had a great dinner. Tony even cleaned up.. He helped the kids do their homework, folded all the laundry and put everything away. I really enjoyed the evening." "But what about afterward?" asked her friends." "Oh, that was perfect too.........Tony was too tired!" images/icons/grin.gif

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited by: Henri ]</p>

tony barnhill
08-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Touche'...good use of the name...interestingly, when Jerri & I got married we sat down & divided our duties...we decided she'd handle all the inside work & I'd handle all the outside work..then she volunteered, "Since you're gonna be making a career of the military, you'll be all over the world making it safe for democracy. So, I'll just go ahead & handle all the small decisions around the home front & leave the big ones for you." I thought that was super. Then, she added, "Oh, if there's ever a big decision to be made, I'll let you know!"

SilentUnicorn
08-07-2003, 07:20 PM
like what......When to change the oil on all those mg'S.?? graemlins/lol.gif

08-07-2003, 08:43 PM
graemlins/iagree.gif it's awfully early for the best one liner of the nite award but that could be it graemlins/devilgrin.gif

tony barnhill
08-07-2003, 11:36 PM
No, no...change oil is outside daily stuff...

08-07-2003, 11:50 PM
with as many as you got it probably is a daily job. do you get Castrol in 55 gal drums? images/icons/grin.gif

tony barnhill
08-08-2003, 12:02 AM
You joke, chuck....but, I've been talking with the Castrol guy about that...right now, I buy by the case but he said he could set me up for 55 gal drums & pump equipment....only problem is the minimum purchase requirement

08-08-2003, 12:13 AM
I was actually serious Tony, along with drums of antifreeze and gallons of brake fluid. with the fleet I care for (2 trucks, 3 cars, 1 running MG) I've thought about it. once a month I have oil change day and buy 2 cases, 6 filters, and go for it. Laura saves all our milk jugs so I can recycle the old stuff. I just wish my parts guy kept Castrol in gals. like some other brands graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tony barnhill
08-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Hey, don't forget to change the oil in your non-running MG! &, turn her over every now & then...oil can go bad & it will affect whatever it attaches itself to when it does! Ask Tom B about the shelf life of an engine that doesn't have its oil changed regularly!

08-08-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm not using that engine, but I do turn it over every so often. I even do it to the parts car. If I don't get the v6 together by next spring I'm gonna use the driveline out of ol Rusty graemlins/driving.gif

tony barnhill
08-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Yeah, but turning it over with bad oil is possibly worse than not turning it over at all...something about when oil loses its viscosity it turns to vinegar or some such caustic agent

08-08-2003, 12:33 AM
OK

08-08-2003, 03:03 AM
and someday she'll let you know graemlins/devilgrin.gif

tony barnhill
08-08-2003, 03:24 AM
Hey, we've been married 34 years the 16th of this month...there've been a couple of big decisions in that time!