PDA

View Full Version : Denbeighs?

lawguy
07-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Just curious, does anyone remember the "Denbeighs" series of articles on Car and Driver? It was a humorous look at a fictional British car manufacturer.

Also, anyone remember the artcle from Car and Driver: "The MG Mitten of Turin"? Another good one. I will see if I can find it and post a link. Worth the read for a fan of LBCs.

aeronca65t
07-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Yup...I rememeber the C&D "Denbeigh". Can't recall the MG/Turin article. Those were the "good old days" of C&D.

I started reading C&D when it was (originally) Sports Car Illustrated. I gave up my subscription a few years ago as it became too bland (in my opinion).

CraigFL
07-17-2003, 01:46 PM
Didn't they make a model called the "Super Chauvinist" images/icons/grin.gif

pmenhusen
07-17-2003, 02:33 PM
I started reading my dad's Car&Driver's growing up in the '70's,&always enjoyed the Denbeigh pieces. I also let my subscription lapse, not because I became disenchanted with the magazine, but because modern vehicles (with some notable exceptions) bore me to tears. I fear that future generations will refer to the current era as the "boring, generic" school of auto design.

Tiger
07-22-2003, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lawguy:
Just curious, does anyone remember the "Denbeighs" series of articles on Car and Driver?<hr></blockquote>

Yes, but I also recall not finding them funny at the time.

Steve
07-22-2003, 07:56 PM
I am not familiar with these articles at all. I used to read C&D infrequently in the UK, but I too find that most modern cars leave me cold. I can't see myself ever owning an Accamry or one of those generic GM Boremobiles. I will take a look on the internet, see if I can scare up a copy of the "Denbeigh" article.

waltesefalcon
07-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Steve,

If you can find the articles or anyone else finds them for that matter would you kindly supply a link for all of us? Thanks.

Cheers graemlins/thirsty.gif
Walter