PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow brit lovers!

lawguy
07-22-2002, 07:28 PM
Hey, I'm new here, but y'all look like some people who like the cars that I like.

I'm a lawyer from Indiana and first got interested in British cars, MGs mainly, when I lived in Grand Rapids, MI. Univerisity Motors in Ada (east of Grand Rapids) is a top notch MG shop, and hosted MG events every summer near where I lived, so every summer I would get to see every manner of MG, even alot of pre-war models, and I fell in love. I've even went so far as to make a TF Pinewood Derby car.

Anyhoo, I don't currently have an MG, but I am keeping my eyes open for a restoreable B, or even an A (if it is in my price range). I love to work on cars and there is nothing, car-wise, I won't attempt in the arena of repair and fabrication (though it may take more than one try).

Any hoo, I hereby introduce myself to you and look forward to many insanely detailed discussions in the future.

BTW- I chose "Humor" to introduce myself because I love a good joke. I have a "Top Ten Good Things About Owning an MG" list which may have already been posted here (I allowed an aquaintance from another forum to post it here if he wanted). If you haven't seen it, I'll post it.

Steve
07-22-2002, 08:52 PM
Welcome aboard. I hope you'll have a good time on the forum. We're not a bad bunch really! Cheers! graemlins/thirsty.gif

78Z
07-23-2002, 11:52 AM
Yes welcome! graemlins/cheers.gif

pmenhusen
07-31-2002, 05:12 PM
Welcome! If you're still looking, there is a '74 MGB for sale by a dealer priced at $2495 in Belleville, KS. I haven't seen the car, but the ad claims that it has a new interior. His number is (785)527-2182.

lawguy
08-01-2002, 10:49 AM
Thank you. I will check it out, but the old practice is quite hectic right now so I don't know about my time availability. Too bad I have to work- where are my priorities.

BTW- A '74 would be about right as I would like a chrome bumper. I considered a Midget locally (and a Sprite with a hard top several months ago) here, but at 6'3" and 250#, I found it a bit, shall we say, confining. I'm still young enough to be able to roll out the door onto the ground to get out, but it's not the coolest thing you've ever seen.