PDA

View Full Version : Rally Video-Holy Moly!

aeronca65t
08-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Looks like someone gave out the wrong Pace Notes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiIYEmpWaaQ&NR=1

(and technically, some of these cars are "British", so I'd say this passes muster in terms of fitting here).

swift6
08-05-2007, 11:00 AM
That or there was a drastic change in road conditions from recce to running.

Looked (and sounded) like it could have been from Finland or Estonia.

Nunyas
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM
wow... I wonder if ~anyone~ made it around that turn without crashing!

This is still my most favorite WRC video (done to Linkin Park "In the End":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grRRhmey-ho

Steve
08-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Notice that most if not all came in to that turn with the brakes all locked up......the ones who almost made it were at least at opposite lock and hanging the tail out. The ones who had atoo timid an approach seemed to wipe ou the most.

I'd suggest that the surface was fairly slick, and it looks as if there was a negative camber to the turn.

Steve_S
08-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Rob, I have that video in a higher quality MPEG. 5.5 megs. If you want it, email or PM me and I'll email it over.

Nunyas
08-06-2007, 01:27 AM
email sent /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

RonMacPherson
08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Coming down the "back way" from the Sugar Shack in Big Bear in 1965. Going down one of the long full speed stretches above San Bernardino on 38. No LIGHTS!!!! At over 115 mph around 3 am in the morning. I musta done something right in a past life, cuz the moon was full, not blocked by clouds and I was able to haul the 120M down safely before the next bend into the trees. Wrapped chewing gum wrapper around the blown fuse to get me home. Next day fixed a bared wire.

So I have lived, Boy was it memorable!

Nunyas
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
hah! ya threw me for a loop for a sec there. I initially started wondering what you were on about.

but then I remembered my sig /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif