PDA

View Full Version : PVGP videos

aeronca65t
07-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Here's a short video from my car of race practice from the PVGP at BeaveRun a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUWIy-VB3Is

In it, you'll see two Minis, two Datsun 2000 roadsters, a Datsun 510,a TR6, and another Spridget. At the beginning of it, I came in voluntarily, since I'd put 4 wheels in the weeds after a "close encounter" with another Spridget.

And here is another race video (below) from my car that weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNSoS09XtWM

In this second video, I am tailing a 911 for quite a while. I can't touch him in the straights, but I catch him in the turns. There's also a Lotus 7, an MGB, an Elva, a Spridget and a Mini.

Before I'd shot these, I'd popped a rear wheel cylinder and, with no spares handy, I simply ran off the front disks (my car has a dual master cylinder). The pedal was almost to the floor and my rear tires were slathered in brake fluid: it was *interesting*. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Sorry for the crappy quality...a digital camcorder is on the "I Want" list.

Note to Michael (if you see this): Check your e-mail....the Shenandoah event in a few weeks has been cancelled. I'm sort of disappointed.

Baz
07-30-2007, 07:54 PM
I've been on the fence about doing some of this. It looks like (despite wheel cylinders and all fours off) you had a great time!
Great Vid!

Michael Oritt
08-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Nial--

Yes, I saw that--too bad as that is a fun track esp. for small cars such as ours.

Since I had the time already set aside I registered for the VSCDA event at Grattan MI for the same weekendc which I hear is an interesting venue. I am debating whether I should switch back to the 4.2 differential or keep in the 4.55 which I installed for Schenley Park. Have you ever driven at Grattan and can you compare it to any of our Eastern tracks?

Twosheds
08-03-2007, 10:56 AM
....the Shenandoah event in a few weeks has been cancelled. I'm sort of disappointed.

Bummer!

aeronca65t
08-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Nial--.... Have you ever driven at Grattan and can you compare it to any of our Eastern tracks?

No, sorry. Have not run that one.
Maybe Jeff or Dave would have a thought, since it is closer to them.