PDA

View Full Version : British Wings and Wheels, Oshkosh, WI

Steve
08-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Any member in the midwest should have this one on their calendar!!

Coming up at the EAA in Oshkosh is the British Wings and Wheels event on August 23rd 2003.
All British cars welcome! (No judging)

Free Museum admission for all occupants of British cars.

Free souvenir dash plaque for the first 200 participants!

Rides available in a variety of vintage airplanes (cost $30-$50)

There will be a gathering of classic British airplanes including the classic Spitfire fighter and Mosquito fighter/bomber from WWII!

Gates open 8.30am on Saturday August 23rd. British Cars are requested to arrive before 10.00am. The day ends at 4.00pm. Food is available or bring your own.

I plan on being there.....any others? Nial and Scott can fly in!!! How about it guys?

aeronca65t
08-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Actually I plan on being at an air show that same wekend, Steve.
In my neck-of-the-woods, we have have what's called "The Greatest Little Air Show on Earth" (aka "The Sussex Airshow" in Sussex, NJ), and I always go to it.
I usually don't fly into air shows with my plane, 'cause it's slow and doesn't have a radio.....but I did fly into the Sussex show a few years ago, in formation with a friend's similar Aeronca. We even took off side-by-side. That was "the bee's knees".

Steve
08-14-2003, 09:53 AM
Taking off in formation? It's the Red Arrows (or the US equivalent......Blue Angels I think?....but being born in the UK I think that you would be eligible) for you next! images/icons/grin.gif

Xracer
08-21-2003, 11:48 AM
Steve....two weeks later, on Sept. 6th, is the giant (usually over 1000 cars) Wheels & Wings Show at Classic Motorbooks up in Osceola, WI.

Hope we'll see ya there!