PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 24hrs

BEEJAY7
06-11-2003, 05:07 AM
This weekend, possibly the greatest remaining Sports Car Race in the world.

Two Hour Historic Race on Saturday before the main event featuring past entrants.

Thousands of Brit's will flock there to cheers on the Bently and TVR boys.

I'll try to get some photo's of the more unusual events and cars.

Cheers

graemlins/savewave.gif graemlins/england.gif graemlins/savewave.gif

aerog
06-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Speed-channel stateside is going to cover around 17 hours of the 24-hour race this year. Last year the whole race could be heard online courtesy of Autosport magazine at http://www.autosport.com/radiolemans/ (hopefully again this year).

The official LeMans website is http://www.lemans.org

Good luck Bentley, MG, Lister, TVR, and Morgan if they try again this year!

aeronca65t
06-11-2003, 05:43 PM
One of my cousins in the UK just e-mailed me to tell me he'll soon be heading off to Sarthe (in a Ka!). He goes every year with a bunch of pals (I'm always invited, but see.... there's this big *pond-thing* between us). He says the ride though France is amazing due to the neat "traffic" (mostly Brits) in all manner of classic cars. I'm heading off to Pittsburgh for a club race in the Sprite this weekend , but I'm still sort of jealous! Some day......meanwhile, I'll tape Speed TV.

Oh yeah...
Viva Jag-TVR-MG-Mogs-etc.! graemlins/england.gif
Likewise, Viper-Corvette-Panoz-etc. graemlins/patriot.gif
(is Marcos running a car this year?)

aerog
06-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Last time I went to England it was during the week after LeMans - in immigration the officer noticed I'd been in the country in March and asked why "I went to Silverstone - to the racetrack". Then he wanted to know why I was there then "I'm going to Silverstone, to the MG meet with friends". He looked at me and said doubtfully "you must like racing". "YUP!" I said, "just got back from Indianapolis two weeks ago". I think he thought I was making it up, he said "why didn't you go to LeMans last weekend then?" "Maybe next year," I said.

I guess I struck a nerve because he just wanted to chitchat about LeMans after that (with about 500 people behind me getting impatient). Enthusiasts can't help but be enthusiastic, even at work I guess images/icons/grin.gif

Larry Kronemeyer
06-18-2003, 01:41 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO BENTLEY: BEAT AUDI. I know they are owned by VW, but they re British!!!
Larry