PDA

View Full Version : British car hunting - old Humber Hawk

Sherlock
04-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Called a guy last night, locally here in Calgary, about a 1950 Humber Hawk project car he has for sale. He told me where it is parked so I plan to go and find it today, camera in tow of course. Just about to set out for a few errands and car spotting as well.

I just love finding unusual British and import cars. coolgleam.gif Anyone want an interesting British project car? It's even left-hand-drive from what he told me...

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited by: Sherlock ]</p>

Darcy
04-30-2004, 04:33 PM
I've never heard of one before graemlins/blush.gif

Let's see those pics graemlins/thumbsup.gif

78Z
04-30-2004, 05:03 PM
that would definitly be a neat car!

Sherlock
04-30-2004, 07:31 PM
Found... graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sitting in the grass next to his shop, he was in the yard so I chatted with him for awhile, it's seen better days and he'll sell the car right now for $500, in my amateur opinion it's still restorable, the motor is still free and has run recently from what he told me, the only problem is that half the glass is gone now (locals have started vandalizing unfortunately) and perhaps more critically the windshield is toast!

And something interesting about it that we noticed, there was evidence of what looked like military green paint inside the door jamb where they had not painted over whenever it got repainted, maybe belonged to the military early on? And a lot of the upholstery showed evidence of the same colour...

Anyway should be getting back the pictures tonight and I'll try to post them here. Anyone want a unique project? images/icons/grin.gif

And... apparently this guy's brother thinks he spotted a Humber like this parked up near Castor, Alberta (that's in the boonies! quite literally)

Sherlock
04-30-2004, 10:20 PM
OK... the long awaited pictures of the poor beast...

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v155/jtworow/Humber1.jpg

VitSport6
04-30-2004, 11:31 PM
You mentioned the windsheild...But what of the Left door?!?....was that part of the vandalism?
looks fun though graemlins/thumbsup.gif

VitSport6
04-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Hi Sherlock.
Any other info on the rig...ie engine trans?
$500.00, Canandian? Not that im looking just currious. graemlins/cheers.gif

Sherlock
04-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Brian,

So far it's all original, I'm told the engine was running fairly recently.

If no British car lover steps in soon it might get sold to a hot rodder, almost wish I had the money to even buy it just to simply preserve it, at least the guy isn't over-valuing like some people tend to these days.

As for vandalism, it's been parked in the same spot outside for about four years but the windows were only broken recently, seems the locals have discovered it recently, unfortunately... hopefully he moves it inside his shop soon before too much damage makes it worthless!

78Z
04-30-2004, 11:50 PM
If the windsheild is flat then it probably won't be a big deal but if its curved ...

Izual Angel
05-01-2004, 09:54 AM
That's a neat car, but Calgary is a helluva drive from Michigan.