PDA

View Full Version : looking...

no_cones_ever
05-16-2007, 11:02 PM
right now i am a 15 year old kid and i have suddenly stumbled across some old phone numbers...which brings me to my point...my dad's cousin used to race vintage bikes and might have a couple of "junk" bikes lying around, which brit bikes are the best...i am very open minded...

tony barnhill
05-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Norton followed by Triumph followed by BSA - but that's just my personal opinion.

drooartz
05-17-2007, 09:54 AM
They're all quite interesting. I'd put Triumph up on Norton, but that's just my humble opinion. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Best bet, get them all and sort them out later. They're all fun in their own way.

SilentUnicorn
05-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Gee..i think you should stay away from the Triumph's....in fact i will take them off your hands for a reasonable fee.

mark

Steve
05-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Gee..i think you should stay away from the Triumph's....in fact i will take them off your hands for a reasonable fee.

mark

Same here with ay Nortons that may be surplus to requirements....

jessebogan
05-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Best Brit bike??? Vincent! Brough Superior, AJS Matchless,Velocette, anything built before 1950..... Speaking about Triumphs, I have a project 68 bonneville that I may put up for sale. It is a complete rolling chassis, fresh paint on frame, oil tank, and side covers. Stainless fenders (correct original) with title. Gas tank needs painting. The bad news, no engine at all. Any interest? Might trade for a BSA 441

no_cones_ever
05-20-2007, 07:20 PM
your too far away...it would cost too much$$$...anyway for a cheap easy cafe' racer...what should i look for...i know like "triton" and stuff like that but are tere any good "cheap" thivgs that can be used...and i love the catchy titles...

RonMacPherson
05-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Best bike?

Geeze, that's like saying who is better Pamela Anderson or Raquel Welch?

different features, different aspects,... different.

All have attributes that make them memorable. A lot share the Burman gearbox(I'm talking early brits now) and that is a fairly easy repair aspect. Engine design on the AJS, Matchless and some BSA are almost duplicate. Amal carburetors are endemic. Magneto ignition is pretty reliable.

Depends on how you "feel" riding the bike.