PDA

View Full Version : Brit-Models

aeronca65t
04-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Lots of nice Brit-models at Haley Motors (cars, that is). Many non-Brits too....sadly, no Spridgets. Here’s a sample:

http://www.haleymotorsports.com/MODJAG01.jpg

Link:
http://www.haleymotorsports.com/L1MODEL.html

Mickey Richaud
04-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Nice looking models!

This brings up another topic - that of preferred scale. To me, 1:18 is too big, and 1:43 and 1:32 are too small. I really prefer 1:24 scale. And it seems like it's getting harder to find decent examples in that scale.

Guess it goes back to my days building all those AMT models in the sixties. Aside from that, they just seem to be the "right" size for display. Also, having only one scale makes them uniform and proportional. (Not that I'm obsessive about those things!)

Mickey

Sherlock
04-19-2004, 04:16 PM
No, no, no images/icons/wink.gif

43 scale is the way to go, nice size for storing them (speaking as someone who has moved way too much in the last four years), if I had the same number of 18 scale models as I have 43 scale models it would be way too many boxes, as is with my 43 scale stuff it getting close to two boxes.

Besides I also prefer the 43 scale, and it's getting hard to find decent models in this scale here in North America. The majority of the die-cast shops and dealers seem to stock 99% big scale stuff. There are still guys selling older Corgi, Dinky Toys, et al, in 43 scale. Do enough looking around, find one without a box that is only slightly dinged up and some deals can be had.

I will confess that there is one 18 scale model in my collection, a BMW 2002 tii (in classic BMW orange by Anson) that caught my eye once, and knowing how uncommon in die-cast 2002's are I did buy that one, but it (18 scale models) won't become my specialty by a longshot.

[ 04-19-2004: Message edited by: Sherlock ]</p>

waltesefalcon
04-19-2004, 11:38 PM
I actually prefer the 1:18 they usually have alot better detail then the smaller ones.

Cheers, graemlins/thirsty.gif graemlins/driving.gif
Walter