PDA

View Full Version : Oh my head....

TypeRboy
01-27-2004, 02:27 AM
So I'm working on the Cortina today completely forgetting that my newly assembled front crossmember is sitting on my front fender ( Just to get it off my work bench for the daily dust sweep..) You know how it is, sometimes you just get a brain fade and the simplist thing can escape you...

There I am mostly on my back scrapping away at years of dirt and gummy grease when seemingly out of nowhere somebody hits me full accross the forehead with what feels like a few hammers. After my eyesight clears up ( I still don't understand what hit me at this point ) I see the crossmember laying on the floor beside me.

My first thought is how stupid I am, but my next thought is to check it and see if any of the fresh paint scraped off. Nope.. I saved it with my head!

Mark.. Who has two nasty bumps on his noggin, but a nice looking crossmember still. graemlins/hammer.gif

aeronca65t
01-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Good save!
You can have your forehead cleaned up by any nickle-dime Hollywood plastic surgeon, but a *Cortina crossmember*...that's worth protecting!

(I think we all know how you feel...and we probably all have the scrapes and bumps to prove it)

ThomP
01-27-2004, 06:51 PM
You knew this was coming..

That's REALLY using your head!

TypeRboy
01-27-2004, 10:18 PM
yes.. I almost lost the " brains behind the operation "

On a good note my coil over front struts are now built, and my vented disc conversion is about half done. The minor repairs to the apron from the removal of the battery tray are done and I am down to sanding and painting. ( Tray needed to go to clear the Webers..)

When I get done I can slip the motor in and start on the body. The more I work on the car the more amazed I am at how rust free it is..

Super 7
02-02-2004, 04:37 AM
Can you give some more information on the specifics of the brake conversion?

Paul

TypeRboy
02-03-2004, 06:39 PM
I got the bits in a bulk order from the UK with a bunch of people. Someone over there visiting arranged the purchase of the parts and I just paid for my part of the order. I'm not sure where he sourced it but Burton Power have the same kit and the price was about the same.

It consists of a pair of 9.5 inch vented rotors ( of a Capri I think ) and the spacers to widen the ford caliper. Which caliper I'm not too sure yet, I have quite a selection to choose from but haven't really looked yet. The rotors bolt onto the ford cortina hubs no problem ( did that..)

I'll let you know how it goes with the calipers.

Can't remember just what I paid, but it was about
$140.00 US I think, for the kits and rotors. it probably uses the M16 caliper, come to think of it..( hope I have some of those..)

Mark