PDA

View Full Version : First step towards Triumphhood

drooartz
05-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, on a whim I posted an ad for my current bike on Craigslist and a couple other free classifieds around town. Looks like I sold the bike last night -- buyer is coming down from Idaho tomorrow to pay and pick it up. So if all goes well, I'll be starting the hunt for a replacement bike soon.

Current favorites are a new Triumph Bonneville or a 70s BMW airhead. We'll see what else turns up as an interesting alternative.

tony barnhill
05-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I vote for the new Triumph!

drooartz
05-09-2007, 12:01 PM
The Triumph is my current favorite, and has been on my list of favorites since it came out in 2000. Any other bike has got to win me over more than the Triumph.

I've considered them 3 times in the past, but bought different bikes (cheaper, faster, etc.). Not this time. My wife was modestly gloating a bit when I told her I was going to sell the V-Strom. She never thought I should have gotten it, that I should have held out for the bike I really wanted.

I suppose it's always good to have a chance to tell your spouse that she was right, and that you should have listened to her. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

tony barnhill
05-09-2007, 12:57 PM
One thing I've learned as I get older: my Norton kicks me more than I kick it! I'm switching to electric start bikes & will keep the old Norton for the occassional ride.

AngliaGT
05-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Drew,

You're Wife's really smart!Spooky.

- Doug

drooartz
05-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Well, buyer #1 fell through. A bit annoying, but I've got a few other folks I can call back and say that the bike is available again. Still a good chance that it will be sold in the next couple of days.

Doug, it's a good case of my wife knowing me better than I do. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

AngliaGT
05-11-2007, 12:17 AM
We do hate to admit when they're right!

- Doug