Comptune HL12 camshaft
MS lightened/hardened lifter
Superflow oil pump
Aluminum backing plate
Romac harmonic balancer
Oversized water pump pulley
Winners Circle super pan
etc., etc.,etc.

I just finished freshing this motor for the upcoming Mitty at Road Atlanta, thought you all would like to see all the goodies.

Steve_S
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh my. I think I just ruined my keyboard.

GB1
04-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Hap:

Please warn us better first, my eyes were literally three inches from the monitor, by the time I got to the pictures.

My head subconciously just moved closer and closer as I read the list.

AWESOME.

Patrick

AngliaGT
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
You're going to hide all of that cool
stuff INSIDE of the engine?I could stare at
artwork like that for hours.

- Doug

Monkeywrench
04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Hap,

Saw your write up of the motor on the MG forum. Sounds kind of wacky but hey like you said, for the price that the motor was bought for from the original owner, how could you go wrong.

aeronca65t
04-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Nice!
Those con rods are particularly elegant.
Especially compared to the Mickey Mouse stuff inside my 1500.

Will you have that thing dynoed?
I'm guessing that thing is good for 7500 RPM or so. Right?

Hap Waldrop
04-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Nial, it dynos at about 135, it could be more but the compression ratio is only about 13 to 1. If this engine was a normal 3.20" stroke and decked to about 15 to 1, I think it could get close to 150, it's bored .130" over but with the 3.00" stroke it brings it back to about 1300. The guy who orded this destroked engine to begin with, probably had about $10k in it, he was a rich guy who had money to blow, when he decided to sell it, he sold to my customer for $5k, which even with the funky destroke was a steal, but give me that kinda money and I think I can get close to 150 with a clean sheet of paper. I got dyno sheets on another .040" over 15.5 to one SCCA 1275 that put out 138hp.

The other wild about this motor was the destroked crank slung a flywheel about 4 years ago and totly destroyed the entire flywheel hub on the crank, we had a company turn it down, add 4130 weld back and totally reconstruct the rear flywheel hub on the crank, can't even tell it was ever done, totally amazing work.

here's a few photos of the crank right after the rear hub was totally reconstructed.

Baz
04-17-2007, 06:00 AM
From Spridgets: Baz, check out the racing forum, I got just what you need for that acceleration problem
Yes you do!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bow.gif
That's beautiful, but I won't be autoxing the midget again (except for the two sessions next month /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif ) but I'll have the engine out of that BGT shortly to do something fancy to it, not that fancy, but enough to get my times down by 10 seconds.
Thanks for alerting me Hap.

drooartz
04-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Wow... where's there a bank I can rob near by... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif