PDA

View Full Version : pertronix ignition

Rob DeScherer
12-29-2003, 11:29 PM
There have been several discussions about switching to the electronic ignition set up for the TR6. Some of you have said that it is great, and others have had bad luck. My uqestion is for those of you who stated that it would just shut the car down. Can you please describe what would occur when this happened? Was it like a slow stall, like there was no gas getting to the engine? Or was it an immediate shut down? Thanks for your help.

mike crane
12-29-2003, 11:46 PM
Rob, I installed a pertronix about a year and a half ago. Twice the car (TR6) has quit abruptly. I found that I had a bad connection at the red wire connection to the coil. I believe that when I checked the oil level I would jar it loose. I have since properly fixed the connector and have had no problems since (knock on wood dash) Hope this helps. Mike graemlins/england.gif

12-30-2003, 01:27 AM
Rob,
I was one of those few that had nothing but problems with electronic ignition with my TR6. I realize that the subject has been discussed in the past, ad nausium, but since you asked. Mine was the Crane 750 and 3000, both would run for a few weeks then just absolutely shut down while driving, stop light, restart, etc. Went through 4 units and gave up. I think my car has the gris-gris on it, since I go to New Orleans so much on the weekends. Anywho, went back to points. End of story.

Bill

Rob DeScherer
01-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Thanks for your replies. By the way, Dr. Bill, I do a weekly radio program that features music from New Orleans and the bayou. I've been down for jazz fest once and hope to get back. You are a lucky man to live so close.

vagt6
01-08-2004, 06:49 PM
The "gris-gris"???

Mickey Richaud
01-08-2004, 07:00 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by vagt6:
The "gris-gris"???<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, gris-gris - Kinda like the hoo-doo. (A hex)

Can explain a lot with our beloved LBC's!