PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Help- TR6 rear shock mount cracked

mijTR6
11-04-2003, 08:38 PM
The left rear shock (damper) mounting bracket on my 1973, TR6 is partially cracked off the frame. Needless to say it made a wonderful noise the last time I drove it. Three years ago I installed the KYB shock conversion- including the bracket that bolts right up to the exsisting shock mounts. I wonder if that conversion puts extra stress on the frame mounted shock bracket or if the failure would have occured with stock dampers? If anyone else has had a similar problem I would be greatful for some ideas on how to fix it. Hopfully it is simply a job any skilled welder could fix.

mijTR6

Dale
11-05-2003, 01:16 AM
Welcome to this fine forum. Can't Help you with your 6 shock deal, but will lay odds you'll get some responses soon. See by your profile that you got here via the VTR page. Are you a VTR member?

Cain
11-05-2003, 12:42 PM
I recently purchased a '71 TR6 that I am fixing up and noticed that the location where the right rear spring sits in the trailing arm is cracked. I don't have the shock conversion so I don't know if this crack is at the same location that your's is.

mijTR6
11-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Dale,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes I am a VTR member since 1991. I have owned 4 TRs. Three 4's one of which I still own, and a TR6. Cain, the trailing arms on my car are fine. The bracket that is welded to the frame that the dampers bolt to is cracked where it attaches to the frame. My 6 is a rust free California car and the frame is in perfect condition (except for my now loose/cracked damper bracket).

mijTR6