PDA

View Full Version : Wedge TR7 Fuses

stubear
10-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Hey Guys,

It's nice to find some folks that aren't ashamed of their TR7s.

I have one question: Can anyone tell me what fuses belong in my '77 TR7? My owner's manual states 3x50 & 1x35 amp fuses. But, it doesn't state in what order! I think I have an older owners manual from 1975-the wiring diagram doesn't even look similar to mine.

Also, I have a damaged relay under the hood-its a rectangular shape, silver, w/ two prongs & Lucas 9FL written on it. Any idears?

Thanks for all your help!
Stuart

piman
10-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Hello Stuart,

my manual for a 1977 US model TR 7 shows two x 35 amp and three x 50 amp. The 35 amp fuses feed:- side lights and instrument lights, (red wires) and the other feeds the windscreen washer, windscreen wiper and the blower (heater) motor, (light green wires). It also shows a 15 amp fuse for the heated rear screen.
A 9FL relay is a hazard flasher relay.

Alec graemlins/cheers.gif

ObiRichKanobi
10-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Welcome to another -7 driver (I hesitate to say owner, as I think in reality these cars own us). I'm definitely not ashamed of my -7; it's come a long way since I got it in April.

Dale
10-13-2003, 12:57 AM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by stubear:
Hey Guys,

It's nice to find some folks that aren't ashamed of their TR7s.

I have one question: Can anyone tell me what fuses belong in my '77 TR7? My owner's manual states 3x50 & 1x35 amp fuses. But, it doesn't state in what order! I think I have an older owners manual from 1975-the wiring diagram doesn't even look similar to mine.

Also, I have a damaged relay under the hood-its a rectangular shape, silver, w/ two prongs & Lucas 9FL written on it. Any idears?

Thanks for all your help!
Stuart<hr></blockquote>

Welcome to "the" forum Stuart. Great to have another 7 owner to share with. Don't have anything off hand on the relay, but do bear in mind that when your dealing with Brit fuses that they are not rated the same way as the US ones. The Brit fuses are rated at the amperage at which they blow and the US ones at what they will sustain without blowing. Thus a 35 amp US fuse is equivalent to a 50 amp Brit fuse. You may have been aware of this, but thanks for indulging me and again welcome to the forum. graemlins/driving.gif

Izual Angel
10-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Is that relay on the left side, in front of the wheel arch? If so, it's the A/C flasher.

stubear
10-13-2003, 11:48 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I never knew the U.S. & Brits had different fuses. That probably explains why I never could find the 50 amp fuses at Autozone!